Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2019, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The retailer that I prefer these days for used equipment is UsedPhotoPro.com (aka Roberts Camera) in Indianapolis, IN. USA. They are conservative in their appraisals of gear, and their returns policy is even better than Adorama's or B&H's.

10-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the link

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
The retailer that I prefer these days for used equipment is UsedPhotoPro.com (aka Roberts Camera) in Indianapolis, IN. USA. They are conservative in their appraisals of gear, and their returns policy is even better than Adorama's or B&H's.
I looked at used photo pro and it did seem to be straightforward about their products.
10-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Where to get used stuff

I have used UsedPhotoPro and Keh as well, and both have provided excellent service. Keh has a guaranteed satisfaction policy, so if you don't like it you can send it back, not much risk I guess.
10-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
I bought a F*300 a few months ago... It was rated Excellent. Physically it was. Optical or mechanically, something was screwy. I have had one for years here and love it dearly but my AF no longer worked, saw this one at KEH and decided to try it. The one I bought from KEH ,I could not get a sharp image no matter what I did , , no AF adjustments worked.. Sent it back. They were very professional and refunded as soon I returned it. Nothing bad I can say there about the Customer service. I don't think they tested that lens though...I think it was inspected for appearance and sent out. ..but thats just me guessing .

I've used them over the years with no issues and would again.

al
Sadly I think I got the copy you had returned. I picked it up and got a few accurate shots, but then after that, no + or - AF adjustments would help. Waiting on the response from KEH.

10-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mr.b.snowden Quote
Sadly I think I got the copy you had returned. I picked it up and got a few accurate shots, but then after that, no + or - AF adjustments would help. Waiting on the response from KEH.
I'm sorry to hear that! I thought that it appeared back on the stock list way too fast. Serial Number 1728337?

al
10-29-2019, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
I'm sorry to hear that! I thought that it appeared back on the stock list way too fast. Serial Number 1728337?

al

If you get a chance, maybe you could add that serial number and some comments to the P.F. serial number database?
SMC Pentax-F* 300mm F4.5 ED [IF] Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com
10-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Sadly, that's the same serial that I was sent.

10-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

KEH is not getting a single penny from me anymore.
10-30-2019, 02:01 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mr.b.snowden Quote
Sadly, that's the same serial that I was sent.
That is a bummer indeed! That lens looked great but its performance was horrible compared to my good well used copy.Hopefully they refund you quickly as they did me .

Al
10-30-2019, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

Sadly, over the last 2 or 3 years my experiences have been worse with KEH (and B&H as well) than they were in previous years.
10-30-2019, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Looking back at my orders in the past two years with KEH, it's been only a .333 batting average. I got my FA*85 in BGN grade a few years ago that is working perfectly, but then the EX rated DFA 15-30 and the F*300 both had focusing issues, yet they looked perfect.

B&H has been awesome for selling to, but I do not recall how the last lens purchase went for me. Adorama once sent me the slower version of the 10-20, despite me ordering the faster f/3.5 version.

Usedphotopro is very good. I purchased my OG 645 from them and had zero issues. It just stinks that they have to collect taxes too. Adorama is still my go-to due to their great selection, despite the fact of their mistake.
10-30-2019, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I have to second this comment, UPP is very good and uses photos of the actual item for sale on their site, unlike KEH. Last KEH purchase was the first not so great experience. Took over 7 days to get my card refunded. They had no issue with the return, just slow processing so I think the level of staffing is their biggest issue, followed by reselling returns with the same grade as the first time they shipped it.
10-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

wonder if anyone here ever purchased anything and have experience with seller "BlackDove Cameras" on eBay (apparently based in Italy).

Good, bad, ugly?

ratings on eBay 100% positive.
11-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
During 2019 I purchased four items from KEH. A Kiron 1.5X K teleconverter rated BGN, Tamron MZ 1.4X AF converter rated UG, a Pentax 70-210 F4 SMC-A rated BGN and a D-BG4 battery grip rated BGN. Both teleconverters were in absolutely perfect condition minus caps. How that Tamron 1.4X AF converter was rated UGLY is beyond my comprehension. Fine by me, I got. $100-140 converter for $14.95!! It actually worked better than my expensive Pentax HD 1.4X , so I sold that one. The 70-210 was nearly new also and is a fantastic lens.

The D-BG4 battery grip, well that one had issues and showed hard use. The on-off switch on the grip only works when it wants to. I contacted KEH regarding a repair or exchange. They replied that no parts are available, they had no more D-BG4 grips and they refunded all my money, letting me keep the battery grip. I used tuner cleaner on the switch and now it works reasonably well. Can’t complain for free.