Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Signing with Facebook account?

OK, as an idea to make this site more popular and visible to the wider community.
I am not sure if something or anything has to be paid to Facebook, but if newcomers are registering for this forum with their Facebook account, this forum can be seen on Facebook too in this case.

Thanks

Vasyl

10-22-2019, 05:20 PM - 7 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
OK, as an idea to make this site more popular and visible to the wider community.
I am not sure if something or anything has to be paid to Facebook, but if newcomers are registering for this forum with their Facebook account, this forum can be seen on Facebook too in this case.

Thanks

Vasyl
FB wouldn't have to be paid, but such integrations have historically had issues, and it's not currently something we support. Fortunately, I think most of the users on this forum dislike FB to begin with

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-22-2019, 05:31 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FB wouldn't have to be paid, but such integrations have historically had issues, and it's not currently something we support. Fortunately, I think most of the users on this forum dislike FB to begin with
Thank you, Adam. Talking about FB...guns do not kill , people do...so, it depends who you are surrounded by on FB...
10-22-2019, 06:22 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good call, Adam, and thank you.

10-22-2019, 06:32 PM - 5 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this forum can be seen on Facebook
Not for me, I do not and would not have anything to do with the scourge that is facebook or the other rubbish they call social media.
This forum in its entirety as a forum is quite enough for me.
10-22-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Not for me, I do not and would not have anything to do with the scourge that is facebook or the other rubbish they call social media.
This forum in its entirety as a forum is quite enough for me.
It is not about you and your preferences, but about making this forum more known to the others. There is an option on the other forums/photo sites either to sign with FB account or with your email. You chose what is best for you.
10-22-2019, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

I dont want Facebook to track what I do . I hope you know that when you use your Facebook user to access another site they track you.
Please go and read this , you should change your mind.
Should You Use Facebook or Google to Log In to Other Sites? - Techlicious

10-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am on FB, but I find the whole advertising push far too aggressive.
10-22-2019, 07:19 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

So glad there is no Facebook linkage.
10-22-2019, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #10
Forum Member

To what end? Just seems like a can of worms and the last thing I need is more ad spam.

This forum is perfectly healthy with both active posters and a knowledgeable, helpful user base.

Most Pentax related searches on google take my here with the first few links. Anyone digging around the internet for Pentax will end up here anyway.
10-22-2019, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

l like having it separated.....don't even bother with PF facebook group
10-22-2019, 08:19 PM - 2 Likes   #12

Some people can live without FB... l do.
My call is that the world could/would probably better without it. So Pentaxforum has my vote regarding not using it.
(No intentions to harm anyone who likes it)
10-22-2019, 08:33 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
l like having it separated.....don't even bother with PF facebook group
What they said ^ ^ ^ ^

Steve
10-22-2019, 08:51 PM - 3 Likes   #14
Inactive Account

I can clearly see the well intention and benefits of the fb login, but fb own record is indefensible. I would not personally invite a thief to make a door's lock for my home.

10-23-2019, 01:56 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is an option on the other forums/photo sites either to sign with FB account or with your email.
And I hope there never will be for this forum, I hope PF staff stay clear of the facebook rubbish. I would not want to see an alliance between PF and facebook.