Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a great idea, but in my K-5 I have a setting whether the camera focuses using the remote, or not. So if you set your focus with a half-press on the camera and then press the remote button to shoot, then the camera doesn't focus when using the remote, just uses the preset focus.

So I'm a little lost, what type of scenario would this be beneficial? Shooting passport photos where you occasionally need to refocus?

10-28-2019, 04:09 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TLiivo Quote
Looks like a great idea, but in my K-5 I have a setting whether the camera focuses using the remote, or not. So if you set your focus with a half-press on the camera and then press the remote button to shoot, then the camera doesn't focus when using the remote, just uses the preset focus.

So I'm a little lost, what type of scenario would this be beneficial? Shooting passport photos where you occasionally need to refocus?
I can set that in my settings in the K20D and K-X as well, but using the single-button remote, half-press still autofocuses, and a full press requires you to go past half-press first. It still sometimes bumps the autofocus. That's why I'd rather have two separate buttons. especially when repeatedly releasing the shutter for the same scene (for pseudo-pixel-shift processing, mostly).

If you have a single button remote, I would be curious to know if the K5 behaves the same with a half-press when this setting is used.
12-08-2020, 03:09 PM   #18

Purchased this for my KP the other day from Amazon. Works great. Using it with my old shutter release that I used with my istDL.

amazon.com: Seadream 2Pack Coiled Right angled 3-Pole 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female Headset Audio Adapter Cable Extender Stereo Jack ,Stretch length 23inch: Home Audio & Theater?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Last edited by Angryman51; 12-08-2020 at 04:05 PM.