Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2019, 06:37 AM   #31

That conflicts with the entry on Pentaprism which makes no mention of the Rectaflex:
Pentaprism - Wikipedia
(photo caption)
QuoteQuote:
Zeiss Ikon Contax S with the world's first roof pentaprism on a single-lens reflex camera.
Also within the earlier cited SLR Camera entry there are conflicts:
(photo captioin)
QuoteQuote:
The Zeiss Ikon VEB Contax S, manufactured in Dresden, one of the two original pentaprism SLRs for eye-level viewing that went into production in 1949. The Italian Rectaflex offered its first production SLR, the series 1000, the same year.
(in body of History section)
QuoteQuote:
The first commercially produced SLR that employed a roof pentaprism was the Italian Rectaflex A.1000, shown in full working condition on Milan fair April 1948 and produced from September the same year, thus being on the market one year before the east German Zeiss Ikon VEB Contax S, announced on May 20, 1949, produced from September.
Single-lens reflex camera - Wikipedia

Wikipedia is a problematic source at best. One should be wary also when a Wikipedia entry cites another Wikipedia entry.

11-23-2019, 06:05 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
It seems the K1000 should be on the list somewhere (maybe comparable to my first point, since it was probably the most popular SLR for a long time?)
I always considered the K1000 to be as klunky as the cameras made by Practka, probably because it was all mechanical. I believe it was so popular because of its adoption by so many high school classes - I won’t judge whether it should be honored for that.
11-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
That conflicts with the entry on Pentaprism which makes no mention of the Rectaflex:
Pentaprism - Wikipedia
(photo caption)

Also within the earlier cited SLR Camera entry there are conflicts:
(photo captioin)

(in body of History section)

Single-lens reflex camera - Wikipedia

Wikipedia is a problematic source at best. One should be wary also when a Wikipedia entry cites another Wikipedia entry.
If I'm looking something up on Wikipedia, I like to check the sources for the article. Primary sources are good and can be used to check what Wikipedia is saying; links to other Wikipedia articles--that might link back to the original article--are not helpful, to say the least.