Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
if you choose to register it you will have the lowest number noted for the 77mm F1.8 Limited

SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

replacing Gofour3
I register everything in the database for insurance purposes. I have a record photo of almost everything on a secure website.

EDIT: It isn’t a competition to get the lowest S/N in the database. The fun is in the pursuit.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-24-2019 at 05:12 AM.
11-23-2019, 10:38 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you choose to register it you will have the lowest number noted for the 77mm F1.8 Limited

SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

replacing Gofour3
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It’s mine now. I’ve always assumed insanity is keeping the higher serial copy.
Nice pickup Paul, congrats!

Phil.

f you choose to register it you will have the lowest number noted for the 77mm F1.8 Limited
Just before I got my 77mm, I was watching one on eBay with a s/n under 100 (00000xx). It never turned up in the s/n DB, always wondered who bought it.

Phil.
11-23-2019, 10:57 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It’s mine now. I’ve always assumed insanity is keeping the higher serial copy.

Congratulations! I thought it was a lovely lens also. The price was reasonable, considering. Let us know what it can do!
11-24-2019, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Phil.

Phil.
TY Phil

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Congratulations! I thought it was a lovely lens also. The price was reasonable, considering. Let us know what it can do!
Whenever the sun comes out I hope to compare my copies before I sell off the dupes. The K-1 seems to be made for the 77.

11-24-2019, 05:24 AM   #20
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
mine are colored too. They are all early silver copies with very low serial numbers. The colores are the same as in the tread openers picture. FA31 red, FA43 brown and FA77 green. The FA 43 has the black print on the Lenscap as in the photo and no golden letters on the pouch. The FA 43 is one of the very early ones with the slightly different coating which some people think is slightly better than the newer coating. The colored pouches are an indicator for the early production made and assembled in Japan (not Vietnam)
11-24-2019, 05:26 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
current lowest SR for the SMC and FA Limiteds on the Forum's data base

QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the Pentax Serial Number Database at PentaxForums.com! This database contains an ever-evolving listing of serial numbers for every kind of Pentax photographic item, including cameras, lenses, and accessories.

The mission of this database is threefold: first, it will allow users to discern faulty items; second, it will build an overview of production trends; and third, it will establish owner records to deter theft.

To add a new item to the database, click on the "Add New Item" link in the upper-right corner of the main listing table. To add a serial number of an existing item, you must first navigate to that item, and then click on a similarly-placed "Add Serial" link.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-serial-number-database/?type=5&myserials=0 SR currently noted

SMC

DA 15mm Limited 0324719

DA 21mm Limited 0000315

DA 35mm Limited 9271067

DA 40mm Limited 9501021

DA 70mm Limited 0000136

FA 31mm Limited 0017596

FA 43mm Limited 0000211

FA 77mm Limited 0000508

HD

DA 15mm limited 9331296

DA 20-40 limited 9600225

DA 21mm limited 9520518

DA 35mm limited 9272005

DA 40mm limited 9501021

DA 70mm limited 9540857

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-24-2019 at 11:56 AM.
11-24-2019, 10:06 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Veteran Member

For peoples information, do not lose these pouches, they are extremely hard to find and cost a lot of money to replace. I almost learned this the hard way, but fortunately found it misplaced.

11-24-2019, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
colour of the pouches
Certainly like the idea of different colours, as it makes for identifying the contents easy by colour coding... that is provided you can remember the code.
11-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #24
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
. . . EDIT: It isn’t a competition to get the lowest S/N in the database. The fun is in the pursuit.
never meant to suggest any such competition

just pointing out a fact
11-29-2019, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Phil.
Bad news. The lens was apparently lost in transit. USPS claims I signed for it, but I was at work at the time it was delivered, to whomever and wherever that was, I apparently have no recourse.:mad:

After a phone call to my Postmaster they located the lens and drove it over forthwith. Isn’t living in a small town wonderful/

Last edited by monochrome; 11-29-2019 at 05:59 PM.
11-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bad news. The lens was apparently lost in transit. USPS claims I signed for it, but I was at work at the time it was delivered, to whomever and wherever that was, I apparently have no recourse.
Demand they produce the signature. It shouldn't match.
11-29-2019, 05:38 PM   #27
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bad news. The lens was apparently lost in transit. USPS claims I signed for it, but I was at work at the time it was delivered, to whomever and wherever that was, I apparently have no recourse.
very bad luck

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I agree

they need to prove a delivery of the package

it will be an electronic signature most likely but they should have it in their records

also check with your neighbors, if any and see anyone saw the delivery or if there are any cameras which might have pick up useful images

was the package insured

contact the insurance company if so.
11-29-2019, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Faith restored. I know they’re really busy and maybe they take shortcuts. Lens hand-delivered just now - 6;56 PM.

very bad luck

I agree

they need to prove a delivery of the package

it will be an electronic signature most likely but they should have it in their records
also check with your neighbors, if any and see anyone saw the delivery or if there are any cameras which might have pick up useful images
was the package insured
contact the insurance company if so.
I called my local Postmaster. He knew my address by the name I gave and recalled the package from this morning because it was International. (My suburb was a small town 165 years ago and they still act like it). My Postmaster located the lens in the sorting room, called me back, apologized, sent out a delivery vehicle and a nice young man handed me my package, apologized again and wished me Happy Holidays.

All is good.
11-29-2019, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #29
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Faith restored. I know they’re really busy and maybe they take shortcuts. Lens hand-delivered just now - 6;56 PM.

I called my local Postmaster. He knew my address by the name I gave and recalled the package from this morning because it was International. (My suburb was a small town 165 years ago and they still act like it). My Postmaster located the lens in the sorting room, called me back, apologized, sent out a delivery vehicle and a nice young man handed me my package, apologized again and wished me Happy Holidays.

All is good.
the power of positive thought

and perhaps something else

however pictures, pictures are needed
11-29-2019, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

the power of positive thought

and perhaps something else

however pictures, pictures are needed