Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-31-2019, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Shuri Castle, Okinawa

Got any photos of Shuri Castle, Okinawa, Japan? Then you may be able to help with its reconstruction. I missed the news that it had been destroyed by fire last October (Shuri Castle: Appeal for images to 'rebuild' burned site online - BBC News). This project ??????????????????? | Shuri Castle Digital Reconstruction is building a 3D model and are seeking 1,000,000 images to help make it as detailed as possible.

12-31-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steephill Quote
Got any photos of Shuri Castle, Okinawa, Japan? Then you may be able to help with its reconstruction. I missed the news that it had been destroyed by fire last October (Shuri Castle: Appeal for images to 'rebuild' burned site online - BBC News). This project ??????????????????? | Shuri Castle Digital Reconstruction is building a 3D model and are seeking 1,000,000 images to help make it as detailed as possible.
I looked at your website, but I see the same material several times - no mention of why anyone would have any interest in the place. I would rework your website to tell any historical or other significance of the place.

Can we assume that you have already looked for US and Japanese government records from World War II?
12-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Not my website or project, just flagging it up for interest as we may have members who could contribute images. The BBC News link mentions its Unesco World Heritage status and its destruction during the WW11 Battle of Okinawa. I think that there might be a few US ex-servicemen on here who were stationed in Okinawa and might have seen it. I had a short visit there in 2008 and have sent in about 100 images.