Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2020, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New year, new projects?

I'm strongly considering starting one or more projects this year. This list has some good ideas:

12 Creative Photography Project Ideas to Get you Motivated

I'm leaning towards a project 52 style project given the realities of my time available.

Is anyone else starting a new project?

01-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I should have given this a it more thought before the year started... thanks for posting this since there's still time

Every year I think I'm going to do a full year with one lens (I usually think of my Sigma 30 1.4 Art for this) and every year I chicken out

I think the Project 52 is a great thing to try, but in my case, I think I'd keep it open-themed... maybe at the end of the week one of us should start a thread where everybody who participates should post their best shot of the week...
01-01-2020, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I should have given this a it more thought before the year started... thanks for posting this since there's still time

Every year I think I'm going to do a full year with one lens (I usually think of my Sigma 30 1.4 Art for this) and every year I chicken out

I think the Project 52 is a great thing to try, but in my case, I think I'd keep it open-themed... maybe at the end of the week one of us should start a thread where everybody who participates should post their best shot of the week...
For my project 52 I'll be setting a few weeks themes at a time rather than trying to map the entire year at a time.
01-01-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I miss the weekly challenge threads where we had to go out and shoot based on that week's theme. I realize it was a lot of work to maintain and at the end not many people were participating (and I wasn't able to every week, sometimes because the theme wasn't something I could do), so I understand why it was stopped... but it feels a lot more challenging than just pulling something out of your archives for the remaining weekly challenge (I don't even know if that one's still going, I never post in that one).

If no one creates a "Post your best Project 52 picture from this week" thread, I'll do it later today or this weekend (after I get some pictures!)...

01-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I miss the weekly challenge threads where we had to go out and shoot based on that week's theme. I realize it was a lot of work to maintain and at the end not many people were participating (and I wasn't able to every week, sometimes because the theme wasn't something I could do), so I understand why it was stopped... but it feels a lot more challenging than just pulling something out of your archives for the remaining weekly challenge (I don't even know if that one's still going, I never post in that one).

If no one creates a "Post your best Project 52 picture from this week" thread, I'll do it later today or this weekend (after I get some pictures!)...
P52 revival poll - PentaxForums.com
01-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Now I'm thinking, a "monthly theme" challenge might be appealing. I think I'll start a thread later today after I think of 12 themes - but they might be made up as we go as well, as you are doing with your 52 project. Themes could include a month of back and white, a month of normal FOV, a month trying flash photography, etc. There could even be a couple concurrent projects (i.e. there could be one for trying film photography for a month, while who doesn't want that, could be doing a macro theme for a month).

I'll give this a bit more thought...
01-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My project for 2020 is to shoot Medium Format film (120) which I haven't done in over 2 decades.
Also shoot more 35mm film in general.

Thanks,

01-01-2020, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is anyone else starting a new project?

I thought I might try to finish the projects I just barely started in 2019.

These include:
  • Shoot a different selected lens each month
  • Finish my automatic panorama head
  • Shoot more macro
  • Organize my files
01-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #9

There are a few photos in my head I’d like to make. But the big goals are more birds and more landscapes, with a bit of astro thrown in.
01-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Also shoot more 35mm film in general
Same here - just posted this. If the virus hits me then 120film is next. There is a Mamiya c330 biting dust in the attic.