Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-17-2020, 03:50 AM   #1

Pentax Ricoh - Your best photo+

I wanted to get a conversation about Ricoh's new(ish) "campaign". (I have no idea when it was started, I just saw it on their pentax.jp instagram site.)

Whether anyone has submitted and or general opinions.

Apparently you can submit your photos for them to publish on their site and Instagram (and other platforms).

Currently only photos taken with the four newest camera models are valid (K-1 I and II, KP and K-70) plus a list of Pentax Lenses.

Your Best Photo+ | RICOH IMAGING

Just do yourself a favour and read through the terms. You are essentially giving your photo(s) to Ricoh free of charge.

I was interested in sharing and getting some exposure but the terms put me off a little bit and then the fact that I am still shooting my K-5, like some hobo

01-17-2020, 04:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check out the Pentax Photo Gallery: Pentax – Photo Gallery instead.
There's no restriction on gear used (as long as it has Pentax or Ricoh written on it)
01-17-2020, 05:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by krazny Quote
I am still shooting my K-5, like some hobo
I'm with you on that one K-5 and a K-3
01-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
K-5 and a K-3
I too have a K-3. But I would like to be in there with my K-01 - sort of "the body that must not be named".

01-17-2020, 06:25 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,

For over a month I have not been able to upload scans from negatives to the Pentax Photo Gallery like I used to before because EXIF mismatch. I have modified EXIF info but no luck. Inquired to them and the reply was basically "we don't know, google it". Disappointing to say the least.

Thanks,
01-17-2020, 06:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

" Photos shot using any of the following cameras or lenses or a combination of both items are applicable for this contest."

So older cameras should be ok if you have one of the lenses currently for sale.

Personally, I think there are better ways to give your photos away.
01-17-2020, 07:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wanted to get a conversation about Ricoh's new(ish) "campaign". (I have no idea when it was started, I just saw it on their pentax.jp instagram site.)

Whether anyone has submitted and or general opinions.

Apparently you can submit your photos for them to publish on their site and Instagram (and other platforms).

Currently only photos taken with the four newest camera models are valid (K-1 I and II, KP and K-70) plus a list of Pentax Lenses.

Your Best Photo+ | RICOH IMAGING

Just do yourself a favour and read through the terms. You are essentially giving your photo(s) to Ricoh free of charge.

I was interested in sharing and getting some exposure but the terms put me off a little bit and then the fact that I am still shooting my K-5, like some hobo
I tried to upload a few several months ago, but I don't think they actually uploaded. And they do accept photos from other Pentax cameras, they have to be taken with either the listed cameras or listed lens, or both.

01-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I tried to upload a few several months ago, but I don't think they actually uploaded. And they do accept photos from other Pentax cameras, they have to be taken with either the listed cameras or listed lens, or both.
Either a "new" camera and/or a "new" lens.

Not that it matters a whole lot. I suppose if one were to post a stunning photo taken with an older model/older lens, Pentax/Ricoh would reconsider.

I've just seen it talked about here and other places that Ricoh/Pentax seems to be lacking on the promotional side with somewhat of a "non-existing" presence on the typical media platforms.

This is definitely an attempt at that and I guess there is some reasoning for limiting it to their current models, the ones that they are actually selling, but an amazing photo taken with Pentax ought to bring attention to the brand regardless of which model was used.

Last edited by krazny; 01-17-2020 at 09:16 AM.
01-17-2020, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

They do have terms. Yet most people pay to have their photos able to be seen. For those people to be showcased in this gallery is better and cheaper.
I am generally against these, give your photos to me and usually pay to give them away, but this doesn't seem to exploit. This is more a we are Pentax, here is one of us.
01-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

The photos end up here btw: Collections | Your Best Photo+ | RICOH IMAGING

Could someone tell me what an SNS is?
01-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
The photos end up here btw: Collections | Your Best Photo+ | RICOH IMAGING

Social Network Services would be my guess.

?????SNS????? | ??????????IR??? | Ricoh

リコー公式SNSアカウント

Google Translate: Ricoh Official SNS Account
01-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #12
Unregistered User

"the body that must not be named"

Nice to notice there is another proud owner of this fabulous camera!
01-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Salomon Nordic System - it's a binding system for cross-country skiing.

01-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thread moved from "Pentax News and Rumours" (as it is neither) to "General Photography"
01-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OP has an error, it is not limited to the 4 bodies using one of the list of lenses, it is one of the 4 bodies OR one of the lenses.

But either way, my best (IMO obviously) photo was shot with an *istD, using an SMC Pentax 300/4, the SMF-F-1.7x AF converter, and an AF500FTZ flash

Basically a mix and match of 4 generations of technology. But I get it, they want to promote their current line up.