Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2020, 12:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Does it exists for Pentax? Wireless transmitter so my 2nd body shoots for me

Hi guys,

Excuse me if this does not go here and goes into lighting but I am starting getting to know about that and I have no idea really how does it work.

I am wondering, do you know if it ever exists any kind of wireless transmitter and receptor to be able to place 2 cameras in different spots and while shooting in one, get the other one also shooting images for me?
I have seen some flash wireless receptors and emitters but I really don't know if that would solve my "problem".

My idea is to be shooting sports and while standing in one place with for example my K3-II place lower my K3 or some meters away and let her also capture images for me with a shorter lens for example. So I can capture images also with that one.

I am thinking that if that exists most likely both cameras will pair the settings (shutter speed and so on as the slave one might get the "parent" camera configuration) but that is no problem as I am planning on how to use them.

The other "way" to do so in my mind is with a regular remote controller by cable and set it a timing, yet that can miss action.

I know there exist some for brands as Canon because a friend of mine used to use some of those for Rally, but I do not have idea about that technology.

As said earlier probably that goes into the flashing subforum because what I read about is more likely like that but I have no clue. Please excuse me if I made a mistake placing this here if it does not goes here.

Every help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

01-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Does it exists for Pentax? Wireless transmitter so my 2nd body shoots for me
Yes, and such is available through multiple makers assuming all you want is wireless shutter sync and your camera has provision for a wired remote. For example, I have a Yongnuo 560 TXII that may be configured to act as a wireless receiver to trigger my K-3. All that is needed is an appropriate cable and a Yongnuo RF-602/RF603/RF603II to act as trigger either hand-held or from the hot shoe of another camera. There are other configurations using various Yongnuo products that might work as well. Note that none of this is Pentax-specific.

Steve
01-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, and such is available through multiple makers assuming all you want is wireless shutter sync and your camera has provision for a wired remote. For example, I have a Yongnuo 560 TXII that may be configured to act as a wireless receiver to trigger my K-3. All that is needed is an appropriate cable and a Yongnuo RF-602/RF603/RF603II to act as trigger either hand-held or from the hot shoe of another camera. There are other configurations using various Yongnuo products that might work as well. Note that none of this is Pentax-specific.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your accurate reply
As you can see I know what I want but I had no idea how to make it work xDD

Will then check your configuration to maybe copy it.

Best wishes
01-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Will then check your configuration to maybe copy it.
Similar is available through various vendors, often as a feature for radio flash triggers. With any luck, some other users will check in with their favorite solutions.

Steve

01-17-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Similar is available through various vendors, often as a feature for radio flash triggers. With any luck, some other users will check in with their favorite solutions.

Steve
Thank you !
Will be interesting to hear about other solutions.
If I get to a solution and get to get it working I'll try to share my results over here once I got some images done that way.
01-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What about this? I think it’s fair priced, and here is what they write: ES-628 transmitter is able to fire multiple receivers at the same time, so you can control more than one camera to take photos simultaneously
http://www.jjc.cc/index.php/Product/product_info/id/1105

Last edited by Pelto; 01-17-2020 at 02:40 PM.
01-17-2020, 04:23 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
I have the JJC JM-II package twice to have two receivers, I use it to shoot with my K1 and K3 at the same time with 1 remote. It's available in Europe, and it is sold also in US by Amazon. Works also great when using the AstroTracer.
Here is the website from JJC.
RF Wireless Remote for CANON RS-60E3/PENTAX CS-205/CONTAX LA-50 - JJC

Last edited by jacobja; 01-17-2020 at 04:29 PM.
01-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian

red5isalive -- great name btw -- thank you for posing this question. Now that I think of it, I could do something like this on some of the shooting I do...

I'm curious to see what all answers arrive. I think the K-3's should have no issue as they have all the connectors. Then it would be just the right triggers and sensors with the right cables attached. I have not heard of any solutions that allow changing the exposure in the remote camera, although they may exist. But assuming the remote camera(s) are set to similar automatic exposure controls, it seems that might not be necessary.

01-18-2020, 12:55 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pelto Quote
What about this? I think it’s fair priced, and here is what they write: ES-628 transmitter is able to fire multiple receivers at the same time, so you can control more than one camera to take photos simultaneously
ES-628C2 (With CABLE-C) replacing Canon RS-60E3, Pentax CS-205 - JJC
Looks great, thanks!

---------- Post added 01-18-20 at 12:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
red5isalive -- great name btw -- thank you for posing this question. Now that I think of it, I could do something like this on some of the shooting I do...

I'm curious to see what all answers arrive. I think the K-3's should have no issue as they have all the connectors. Then it would be just the right triggers and sensors with the right cables attached. I have not heard of any solutions that allow changing the exposure in the remote camera, although they may exist. But assuming the remote camera(s) are set to similar automatic exposure controls, it seems that might not be necessary.
Glad you like it. Yucatan has also a powerful name

Yeah exactly. The guys gave some amazing answers btw, maybe you can check them out

---------- Post added 01-18-20 at 01:12 AM ----------

Guys I ended up buying one of this

Neewer Set Disparador 16 Canal Inalámbrico Flash Speedlite Radio,Incluye (1) Transmisor (2) Receptores, Compatible con Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Panasonic Cámaras DSLR(CT-16): Amazon.es: Electrónica

No idea if that would be better or worst, hopefully will do a proper job.
01-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #10
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Why not buy a radio based wireless shutter release?
I use the older model of:
Vello ShutterBoss II Timer Remote Switch for Can RC-C1II B&H

My older model Includes:
extra long exposure timer
up to 99 continuous shots
interval timer
80m range
half press focus - if you need such a thing
delayed shutter release
multiple exposure.

Yes, I have the Yongnu RF-603N triggers, but that only allows for tripping the shutter. The Shutterboss, and other such devices, provide greater flexibility.

Last edited by PDL; 01-18-2020 at 05:28 PM.
01-19-2020, 01:02 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks but i already have a radio based wireless but that does not the job for me.

Lets say you are (as i plan) shooting sports. And you are at a place. Action will suddenly appear and you want your 2nd camera to shoot when you shoot the main camera.

Of course your idea could partially work, but is not as good because you have to set a camera first and then use the main one, and that is loosing time and the picture.
02-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think what i expressed myself wasn't 100% correct.

I was looking for a trigger to shoot my second camera while I'm shooting my primary camera