Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 59 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2020, 06:45 AM - 6 Likes   #16

Thank you all for your kind words and comments! When I saw some of the photos mine was up against, I was quite surprised to receive the news. Funny thing, I rarely use my K-x anymore (even though it's my most "up-to-date" camera ). I took it out for a few days this past summer just to give it some much-needed exercise. Considering the circumstances, this shot was more of a fluke than anything else. But, in any case, it was nice to score a win for Team Pentax!

01-27-2020, 06:49 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

very inspiring
01-27-2020, 09:10 AM - 3 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Orbus Quote
Thank you all for your kind words and comments! When I saw some of the photos mine was up against, I was quite surprised to receive the news. Funny thing, I rarely use my K-x anymore (even though it's my most "up-to-date" camera ). I took it out for a few days this past summer just to give it some much-needed exercise. Considering the circumstances, this shot was more of a fluke than anything else. But, in any case, it was nice to score a win for Team Pentax!
I saw my old K-x at my step-sons place the other day. We gave it to his girlfriend. I almost took it out for a spin, just for old times sake. You're making me regret I didn't. It always had that "je ne sais quoi."

It was never my camera, it was my wifes and I used it only sporadically. MY flicker account started in 2017. There are still images taken with it that have never been bested. The wild birds folder is a folder updated with more recent images. When I get a better image, the old one is replaced. This one seems to be my permanent tribute to the K-x.

Taken October 31, 2011, and never bettered.
01-27-2020, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I saw my old K-x at my step-sons place the other day. We gave it to his girlfriend. I almost took it out for a spin, just for old times sake. You're making me regret I didn't. It always had that "je ne sais quoi."

It was never my camera, it was my wifes and I used it only sporadically. MY flicker account started in 2017. There are still images taken with it that have never been bested. The wild birds folder is a folder updated with more recent images. When I get a better image, the old one is replaced. This one seems to be my permanent tribute to the K-x.

Taken October 31, 2011, and never bettered.

That's a great shot, Norm. It proves the K-x is a decent camera even by today's standards; it is perhaps unfair that I don't use mine as much anymore. My first DSLR was the K-x and I enjoyed it immensely for many years but at some point, I started to acquire some of the older CCD-based models and ended up getting hooked on the "je ne sais quoi" of the images from those sensors. These days, I only tend to pull out the K-x for those times when a higher ISO sensitivity is needed (and I guess even the K-x is a bit of a laggard in that respect in comparison with modern cameras). I'd love to get a K-1 some day and try some of my vintage lenses on full-frame but for the time being, I continue to have fun and I don't think a newer camera or newer lenses will necessarily lead to more enjoyment of the hobby. Happy shooting!

01-27-2020, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #20

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Rob, with the publicity you have given Pentax by being one of only five winners of the flickr 2019 Your Best Shots competition, for which there were over 17,000 entries, I think Pentax owe you a K-1!
01-27-2020, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by ronniemac Quote
Rob, with the publicity you have given Pentax by being one of only five winners of the flickr 2019 Your Best Shots competition, for which there were over 17,000 entries, I think Pentax owe you a K-1!
Cracking idea, Ronnie! I could be persuaded to go along with that; I'd even settle for a second-hand one.