Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2020, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sounds like using the Pentax sensor cleaning thingy would also be suitable, or scotch tape like this. When I installed mine I got a couple of dust spots on it, I then levered the screen down, fired the rocket blower at it, closed the focus screen latch again and rechecked, all done and fixed. So I would suggest just rocket blower first, then perhaps tape if whatever is there is not being removed with air.

02-21-2020, 10:20 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
mmm... was trying my various lenses today.... all went well (31, 43, 77 and Colour Skopar 20mm) then tried my DFA 150-450... was a bright day... will try it again this evening.... however.... there were some Honey eaters in the bushes so I tried manual focusing... was hand held.... anyway.... I found it easy to follow the birds in the bush and get some shots that auto focus wouldn't get.... was quite easy... but these honey eaters have good eyes for focusing quick on..... anyway.... opens up some possibilities I normally wouldn't bother with.

02-21-2020, 11:25 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
mmm... was trying my various lenses today.... all went well (31, 43, 77 and Colour Skopar 20mm) then tried my DFA 150-450... was a bright day... will try it again this evening.... however.... there were some Honey eaters in the bushes so I tried manual focusing... was hand held.... anyway.... I found it easy to follow the birds in the bush and get some shots that auto focus wouldn't get.... was quite easy... but these honey eaters have good eyes for focusing quick on..... anyway.... opens up some possibilities I normally wouldn't bother with.
I shot a paid event last night, a Cabaret performance, and I felt AF was being too rude so much of it was done manual focusing, and yes it felt a lot more comfortable as well.
02-22-2020, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
OK...I am officially impressed, both that you showed why manual focus is still important and how a decent screen might help get the shot. Good work.

Steve

02-22-2020, 12:18 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I also shot these images on Thursday. With the DA* 60-250 i was using AF but then overriding if necessary using it's Quick Shift feature to be certain focus was properly placed. Sometimes no fine tuning of the focus was necessary. What I am finding is a newfound trust in my camera, whereas before I would use AF and would look through the OVF and just have to gamble a little more that focus was correct because to my eyes the clarity of feedback just wasn't really there enough to assist in even try overriding what the AF chose.

DA* 60-250

Takumar 50/1.4 (8E) f4

Takumar 50/1.4 (8E) f1.4

Takumar 50/1.4 (8E) f2-2.8
02-22-2020, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I set up my tripod last night with the dfa 150-450 and switched backwards and forwards between my two K1s looking into some under bush shady areas. Definately you notice the darker viewfinder with the S screen. However the K1 is much more usable then my K5II was with one in. I'd say it's fine for the type of use the DFA sees.
05-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has anyone tried using a split screen in the K-1? Or a center micro-prism like the Nikon F6-J?

Last edited by jcdoss; 05-19-2020 at 09:00 PM.