Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 278 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2020, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sometimes I'll sit there and for an entire day gorge myself on these photography videos, or lens and camera review videos. Usually on a Sunday, or a day off...

11-03-2020, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Sometimes I'll sit there and for an entire day gorge myself on these photography videos, or lens and camera review videos. Usually on a Sunday, or a day off...
Hehehe same here! but every day is a youtube day for me! anyways, one more wont hurt - here's mine Geoff Moore Photography if you want to add it to your watch list
11-04-2020, 04:04 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
If you enjoy landscape photography check out Atllio Ruffo:

Attilio Ruffo - YouTube

He has quite a few videos posted on his channel. Personally,
I find them enjoyable, but YMMV.
He’s quite enjoyable. I’ll make a better idea watching more of him.
11-04-2020, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've been watching this guy for learning about astro work. Haven't had a chance to practice yet, but seems pretty good. He does a lot with using just a DSLR without a tracking mount, and goes over how to process the images.

YouTube

11-15-2020, 05:05 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Joel Meyerowitz is undoubtedly one of the photographers whose work made me want to take up photography as more than snapshots. Here's an interview.

Joel Meyerowitz spent a few summers making portraits Provincetown, and when I lived there, a few years later, I would notice some of those faces passing in the streets.

Last edited by robgski; 11-16-2020 at 03:52 AM.
11-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
Hehehe same here! but every day is a youtube day for me! anyways, one more wont hurt - here's mine Geoff Moore Photography if you want to add it to your watch list

Nicely done! Great video production combined with excellent photography.

Subbed.
11-16-2020, 05:20 PM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
A special on the Isle of Skye for photographers

11-20-2020, 05:35 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have just subbed Ben Maclean because of this video, it's a long one but I enjoyed all of it. Some peeps are just too talented. YMMV

11-20-2020, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

The problem with watching these types of videos is that they always have such great scenery, whereas everywhere I go it never quite seems to match up....
11-21-2020, 03:33 AM - 1 Like   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
The problem with watching these types of videos is that they always have such great scenery, whereas everywhere I go it never quite seems to match up....
Ha! you should check out my videos then Liney as I'm in the same boat as you! - Living in suburbia with housing estate after housing estate. You got to explore what you got
11-21-2020, 04:21 AM - 5 Likes   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
whereas everywhere I go it never quite seems to match up....
You got to explore what you got
Though I live in a rural area with a few small parks, I do sometimes wish I lived in the Alps.
Though I live in a small town with a few shops and restaurants on one main street, I do sometimes wish I lived in London, Paris, New York City, or any city just for the "street" and architecture opportunities.
How do I counter this? By paying even more attention to the things that are available to me, how the light changes their appearance at different times of day. Where and when a person or group of people go to the park, or drink coffee in front of the restaurant, or sit in the alley behind it and smoke.
In this way, I'm able to imagine how to capture those images to best visual, even emotional affect, then I try to do so.

As an example, I captured this image at the nondescript intersection of the two main roads in my town on a snowy evening. This image earned honors from the judge in the photo contest I entered. It's only a mattering of seeing the possible image beyond the familiar
11-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've just found another of these POV street shooters: North Borders, really enjoying these:

Subbed.
The problem with Youtube, is you can only like these things once, instead of the ten they deserve.

Edit, these are even making me want a Sony A7Rii and that Sigma lens.... must stop watching.

Last edited by Kevin B123; 11-21-2020 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Do I now want a Sony???
11-21-2020, 04:15 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
I started watching YouTube for instructional videos for learning to work with microprocessors – which I have used for my macro and panorama setups – and only in this Covid year have I started watching other things. I watch photography and – wait for it – ballet.

Yes, YouTube has gotten me hooked on ballet. In fact, once the virus has passed (will it ever pass?), I am planning to approach a ballet studio about doing a photo study of ballet class/rehearsal. I already am working it through in my mind. Monochrome I think.

Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying the YouTube.
11-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Mark Holtz has reviewed a few Pentax lenses but his channel is more about vintage lenses and using them in videography so maybe not the best example. Does have some good insight in shopping for vintage glass, something I'm sure we all are into.
11-21-2020, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #75
Veteran Member

Ha! you should check out my videos then Liney as I'm in the same boat as you! - Living in suburbia with housing estate after housing estate. You got to explore what you got
Sounds like a plan, where do I look?

---------- Post added 11-22-20 at 01:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Though I live in a rural area with a few small parks, I do sometimes wish I lived in the Alps.
Though I live in a small town with a few shops and restaurants on one main street, I do sometimes wish I lived in London, Paris, New York City, or any city just for the "street" and architecture opportunities.
How do I counter this? By paying even more attention to the things that are available to me, how the light changes their appearance at different times of day. Where and when a person or group of people go to the park, or drink coffee in front of the restaurant, or sit in the alley behind it and smoke.
In this way, I'm able to imagine how to capture those images to best visual, even emotional affect, then I try to do so.

As an example, I captured this image at the nondescript intersection of the two main roads in my town on a snowy evening. This image earned honors from the judge in the photo contest I entered. It's only a mattering of seeing the possible image beyond the familiar
I must admit my response was a little tongue in cheek, but nice image.