Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2020, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
I have just subbed Ben Maclean because of this video, it's a long one but I enjoyed all of it. Some peeps are just too talented. YMMV

EXTREME RAIN Street Photography POV - YouTube
I really enjoyed this and found it quite inspiring. Perhaps I know what I need to be doing on those wet and miserable days. Though it must be easier when a big company has loaned you the lenses:-)

11-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
I must admit my response was a little tongue in cheek, but nice image.
Thank you. Our little town's newspaper runs an annual contest for 12 spots in a calendar, and some honorable mentions, judged by a local resident with 40+ years as a professionally published photographer and instructor. The friendly competition has grown to include 100+ local photographers of varying experience, and it encourages me to always have a camera handy, to try and see new ways of capturing local scenes, or make that well known "postcard" landscape a bit fresh, and to keep an eye open for events, activities, or just spontaneous activities which capture the essence of life in our town and the nearby areas. At the end of the year, the winners are announced, and in viewing the winning images, I almost react with either "Where is that location?" or more often "I passed that location 1000 times, but I never saw it in the way this photographer captured it". It encourages me to refresh my point of view.

Also, the judge holds a retrospective for all the participants and interested onlookers and provides a critique of every photo for that year's calendar. His insights have proven incredibly helpful to me for improving my own photographs, primarily long before I pick up a camera. I appreciate that the judge also asks each photographer to talk about their own decision process in creating the image.

On another note, Sean Tucker has some wisdom to share:

As does Jamie Windsor

Last edited by robgski; 11-22-2020 at 09:17 AM.
11-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is not a photography channel, but one video about a camera shutter action, so I thought I might put it here for those interested: Inside a Camera at 10,000fps - The Slow Mo Guys

11-22-2020, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is not a photography channel, but one video about a camera shutter action, so I thought I might put it here for those interested: Inside a Camera at 10,000fps - The Slow Mo Guys

Inside a Camera at 10,000fps - The Slow Mo Guys - YouTube
That, and Smarter Everyday, are a couple of great channels for slo-mo videos. Smarter Everyday recently posted videos from a cannon that fires baseballs at supersonic speeds. Good luck trying to catch one of them!

11-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Smarter Everyday recently posted videos from a cannon that fires baseballs at supersonic speeds
I just watched the laser video, they are too smart but crazy with it. I thought they were going to bust the range rover in the backyard tests
11-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Warped perspective is another cool slow-mo channel.
11-29-2020, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The December show is now online!

11-30-2020, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

For some reason you tube had been recommending Alan Walls photography to me, quite a decent set of videos on a number of subjects. You need to take the time to sit and listen but some very interesting ideas

Allan Walls Photography - YouTube
12-03-2020, 07:20 AM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been enjoying Nick Carver of late - not the world's greatest photographer but very personable and very relatable

Nick Carver - YouTube
12-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This photographer often posts interesting ideas about making an image.
12-14-2020, 03:39 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Receiving criticism on our images is a good way to improve the results. Sean Tucker provides a lot of support for this idea.
12-14-2020, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

I have just subbed Ben Maclean because of this video, it's a long one but I enjoyed all of it. Some peeps are just too talented. YMMV

EXTREME RAIN Street Photography POV - YouTube
Ah I watched this on a lunch break not too long ago but couldn't remember his name! Thanks for this
12-14-2020, 04:00 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
Hehehe same here! but every day is a youtube day for me! anyways, one more wont hurt - here's mine Geoff Moore Photography if you want to add it to your watch list
Subbed
12-22-2020, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Subbed
thats really kind of you thank you!
01-03-2021, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
New Year, New Two-Part Episode!