Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recommended YouTube Channels for Photography

I'd swear someone started a thread like this one, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I've just come across a newly created YouTube channel called "Photography Online" and I'm enjoying the episodes they've released so far.

Below is their most recent

02-09-2020, 12:32 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few great channels. At the moment I'm particularly enjoying (Thomas Heaton, and I like the look of his photos.
02-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://m.youtube.com/user/theartofphotography

This guy is doing some interesting work. I mostly enjoy the videos about the artistic nature of photography and some photographers. But there is stuff about composition, color theory etc. There’s nothing to lose , check it out.
02-09-2020, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took the time to watch this entire episode. Yes, there are some good insights here, and they manage to keep it interesting.

02-09-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you enjoy landscape photography check out Atllio Ruffo:

Attilio Ruffo - YouTube

He has quite a few videos posted on his channel. Personally,
I find them enjoyable, but YMMV.
02-09-2020, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I highly recommend Adam Gibbs and Simon Baxter. Gavin Hardcastle's fototripper channel is an entertaining mix of location shoots with student-style humour and nonsense – not everyone will like it, but YMMV. Alister Benn (Expressive Photography) is a recent find for Lightroom/Photoshop and thoughtful technique.

I’ve also greatly enjoyed Art of Photography when Ted’s talking about photographers and their work or discussing work sent for review. Most of the time he talks gear, but one has a living to earn...

Last edited by StiffLegged; 02-09-2020 at 04:01 PM.
02-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'd swear someone started a thread like this one, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I've just come across a newly created YouTube channel called "Photography Online" and I'm enjoying the episodes they've released so far.

Below is their most recent
Photography Online - February 2020 - The Show for Photographers - YouTube
Thanks for sharing this link. This is one of the most informative, entertaining, and best produced videos on all of YouTube. I just wonder where their funding is coming from, and how long before corporate/commercial interests begin to demand more overt exposure. I could see this show being aired regularly on something like the BBC, PBS networks.

02-09-2020, 11:51 PM   #8

For lens reviews, Christopher Frost. But he doesn't review Pentax or Nikon. Mostly Canon and Sony.
02-10-2020, 12:31 AM - 3 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please, sir, it was me - I did start one such thread a couple of years ago, but a new one will certainly get more enthusiam than an old one, and things change, so this is well warranted

At the moment, I'd say Sean Tucker is the guy I watch most
02-10-2020, 06:48 AM - 3 Likes   #10

I just watch myself... Geoff Moore - YouTube not sure I have found my style or niche but well errr im trying
02-10-2020, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Then there's Morten Hilmer.: Morten Hilmer - YouTube
He just uploaded the fourth and last video from a 50 days trip to Ellesmere Island in Canada.
02-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by camera_nut Quote
For lens reviews, Christopher Frost. But he doesn't review Pentax or Nikon. Mostly Canon and Sony.
Christopher's lens reviews are excellent. The systems he covers are Canon, Sony, and Fuji, but he also covers lenses from the independent manufacturers, including many that are available in Pentax K-mount (Samyang and Irix in particular). His reviews are always interesting, and the "Weird Lens Reviews" that he posts on occasion (covering truly oddball items past & present) are quite entertaining.

If you need additional videos to check out, I have an extensive list of links on my web site, covering about 17 different YouTube photography channels, as well as many links to videos about individual photographers:

Videos - Jay Alan Richardson Photography
02-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've been getting more into wildlife photography and have found Steve Perry's channel to be very helpful. Lots of practical tips based on actual experience.
02-11-2020, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smugmug is presenting a series of very well produced films introducing some great, innovative photographers and their work: SmugMug - YouTube
02-11-2020, 02:35 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mixalis_kalymnos1611 Quote
https://m.youtube.com/user/theartofphotography

This guy is doing some interesting work. I mostly enjoy the videos about the artistic nature of photography and some photographers. But there is stuff about composition, color theory etc. There’s nothing to lose , check it out.
Unfortunately the videos that are in my opinion related to his channel name are few and far between... if there's no gear talk, he's oftentimes just "philosophing" about random stuff and not getting anywhere. At least that's how I feel about it, ymmv.