Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mine are it has to be Pentax AND it has to be this year!

02-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
One word : EyeAF ! Mirrorless has that magic and now changes the game forever, Sony mastered it, Nikon and Canon follow closely. The Milc market is still open, Pentax can still have a piece of it, not too late like the FF one, dont't need to "test the water", jump right in pls !!!
If I understand you correctly. I'm afraid it's too late.
02-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
If I understand you correctly. I'm afraid it's too late.
The Canon 5D is released in 2005, Pentax released the K1 in 2016. That's 11 years late !!!
So it's not that late yet if they release sth this year (which i doubt )
02-14-2020, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #94
Pentaxian

It was released when not everyone was sure about the need for a large matrix.It was a trial balloon. And I'm not sure that the release of K1 led to commercial success.But let's not argue, time will tell. Now events are developing rapidly.We must remember that Sony began to master the mirrorless because of the struggle with the mirror, it prevents the development of a number of technologies, the inability to compete with SLR cameras Canon, Nikon. What Pentax was doing at this time, it's hard for me to say, Bang resources on the Pentax K-01.The company's management apparently had a large mountain of cocaine on the table. I say creepy things for this forum, but in my opinion soberly.

02-14-2020, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
One word : EyeAF ! Mirrorless has that magic and now changes the game forever, Sony mastered it, Nikon and Canon follow closely. The Milc market is still open, Pentax can still have a piece of it, not too late like the FF one, dont't need to "test the water", jump right in pls !!!
Eye af really is a nice feature that if it would have been implemented in DSLR, I would have used DSLR instead of both DSLR and mirrorless. But, the silent shooting it's also nice in some circumstances and the touch and drag af from my mirrorless it does makes the joystick of my DSLR very, very slow when changing the af points. At this point I think that only the OVF makes DSLRs still appealing (personal opinion) and maybe the lenses which are already bought by users of DSLRs...
02-14-2020, 02:52 AM   #96
Pentaxian

Complete agreement.
02-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I think it’s funny when a review or a comparison lists a touchscreen as an advantage on a camera.

For some people it is an advantage. selecting focus points in live view/video comes to mind.

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 08:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Same is valid for the new generation of cars.
Touchscreens have a reasonable place on the back of a camera. Not so much on cars.

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 09:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I won't buy a Canon crop frame DSLR or MILC because of the 1.6x crop factor. It's just dumb and that is that. Why not 1.5x like everybody else?
Because Canon makes their own sensors, and that is how they chose to do it. I would assume it is significantly cheaper that way. They also had APS-H sensors for a while, with 1.3x crop. Unfortunately they are only in huge bodies, which is why I don't have one.

I for one really like the 1.6x crop sensor in my SL1, and I love the rest of the camera. Variety is the spice of life after all.

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 09:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Don't forget the declared orphaning of a second mount in 2019.

Steve

(...and I don't mean Canon EF-M...)
Orphaning? Should Canon stop all EOS mount production tommorow, which is exceedingly unlikely, there is a $100 mount adapter produced by Canon that allows full functionality of EOS lenses on the R line. There is a $200 version for the M line. Canon is hardly leaving EOS lens owners out in the cold.

02-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #98
Pentaxian

There have already been muddy statements on EF.About a hundred bucks. I'm sure the adapters will be flawed... We will see all this in a couple of years. I like your position that there should be diversity in the world. So I want to buy Canon,but I'm not sure which .
02-14-2020, 11:27 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There have already been muddy statements on EF.About a hundred bucks. I'm sure the adapters will be flawed... We will see all this in a couple of years.
An example of a muddy statement? The adapters exist and they work very well. The interweb would be black with fulminating Canonheads if they didn’t.
02-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #100
Pentaxian

This is only the beginning of the bayonet R path. I Speak for myself. If I were the owner of the Park EF optics. I would try to sell it soon.By the way, you know that not all EF lenses can be repaired, there are no components, they do not produce. At the time, I had an interesting document that you should not buy on the secondary market.An example of a muddy statement-I will try to find an English source and give you a link.
02-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
An example of a muddy statement? The adapters exist and they work very well. The interweb would be black with fulminating Canonheads if they didn’t.
Lenses like the EF 85mm f1.2L work better on Canon mirrorless than they work on DSLR. And I'm being serious now. The 85mm f1.2L and the 50mm f1.2L lenses were/are probably the most difficult lenses to work with on DSLRs. Both are "naughty" lenses...
02-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Canon Europe confirms its focus is on RF, not EF lenses unless the ?market demand[s] it?: Digital Photography Review If that will calm you down. But I'm not.
02-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #103
Veteran Member

This statement was interpreted in many ways. I understood from that statement that they have a solid EF lineup of lenses that can cover pretty much everything you can think of and they are focused in developing lenses for the R system. If the market will ask for more EF lenses, they are ready to provide.
02-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Lenses like the EF 85mm f1.2L work better on Canon mirrorless than they work on DSLR. And I'm being serious now. The 85mm f1.2L and the 50mm f1.2L lenses were/are probably the most difficult lenses to work with on DSLRs. Both are "naughty" lenses...
Of course, with such a high speed and soft light 1.2, contrast autofocus works better. But is it faster? What will happen with the support of new technologies, will there be crutches? I think there's a lottery element here. No one knows for sure. Let's hope that Canon will be a kind of mother Teresa, will sow good all over the world

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
This statement was interpreted in many ways. I understood from that statement that they have a solid EF lineup of lenses that can cover pretty much everything you can think of and they are focused in developing lenses for the R system. If the market will ask for more EF lenses, they are ready to provide.
I interpreted correctly. I'm just saddened by these arguments.I would not invest in this system.Think for yourself in modern conditions can Canon support two systems?

Last edited by Ivan; 02-14-2020 at 01:01 PM.
02-14-2020, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #105
Veteran Member

Of course, with such a high speed and soft light 1.2, contrast autofocus works better. But is it faster? What will happen with the support of new technologies, will there be crutches? I think there's a lottery element here. No one knows for sure. Let's hope that Canon will be a kind of mother Teresa, will sow good all over the world

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 12:58 PM ----------

I interpreted correctly. I'm just saddened by these arguments.I would not invest in this system.Think for yourself in modern conditions can Canon support two systems?
It's a world of the generation z. The millennials (my generation) are trying to adapt to the new technologies and baby boomers do the same. The ones who don't want to adapt don't seem to have enough force to make a difference. As long as with DSLRs the manufacturers will not be able to implement artificial intelligence or whatever will come next... we may see DSLRs slowly making room for new systems. For the moment there are too many DSLR lenses available on the market so I think that we may see at least a generation of DSLR. For the long term... it's hard to predict.