Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,240
Camara Rbuilding

How many of you like to buy and fix up old cameras? Just wondering ,it seems to have bitten me good. I cant stop this affliction,it is worse than LBA.

02-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 38
I have a couple on my list, mostly bought cheap at thrift stores or found in yard sale or trash.

First is not too old, A Minolta SRT 201, the aperture follower string is broken of off the pulley. Butkus has the manual for the SRT 101 on his site, that should help.
A Kodak 35 range finder is next in line, I have some info on that stored on another computer.
Later a couple of EXA's and n Exacta.

Waiting on some tools now!

Phil
02-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,240
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PWhite214 Quote
I have a couple on my list, mostly bought cheap at thrift stores or found in yard sale or trash.

First is not too old, A Minolta SRT 201, the aperture follower string is broken of off the pulley. Butkus has the manual for the SRT 101 on his site, that should help.
A Kodak 35 range finder is next in line, I have some info on that stored on another computer.
Later a couple of EXA's and n Exacta.

Waiting on some tools now!

Phil
You have to get the right type of string.and split he body to do it. Good luck,use the old string for measuring
02-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian
ismaelg's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,491
Guilty as charged!

02-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #5
Senior Member
Astro-Baby's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Posts: 288
Me too.....generally I buy them, fix what I can and then let a pro do the adjustments to make sure they are running ‘true’

So far done 4 Minolta SRTs, 1 Minolta XD7, 2x Olympus OM1s which all needed a fair amount if time and effort.

Pentax KX, Chinon CE5, Chinon CM3, Canon AE1 and Nikon F which pretty much only needed cleaning and new seals and a few cosmetic things.

1 Minolta SRT which didnt end well, broken up for parts for the others.

Nikon F301 and Pentax K1000 which pretty much just needed a clean and testing with film. The F301 was a bit skittish at first but settled down in testing, think the contacts in various places had just gotten a bit oxidised and some use sorted it out.
02-12-2020, 04:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,240
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Me too.....generally I buy them, fix what I can and then let a pro do the adjustments to make sure they are running ‘true’

So far done 4 Minolta SRTs, 1 Minolta XD7, 2x Olympus OM1s which all needed a fair amount if time and effort.

Pentax KX, Chinon CE5, Chinon CM3, Canon AE1 and Nikon F which pretty much only needed cleaning and new seals and a few cosmetic things.

1 Minolta SRT which didnt end well, broken up for parts for the others.

Nikon F301 and Pentax K1000 which pretty much just needed a clean and testing with film. The F301 was a bit skittish at first but settled down in testing, think the contacts in various places had just gotten a bit oxidised and some use sorted it out.
I done the Minolta SRT 102 ,I am on a run with Konca slrs right now and becoming an Expert on them. And have dabbled with a few Range finders as well . But right now I have a fascination with Konica .Also understand the TOPCON UNIREX very well

---------- Post added 02-12-20 at 06:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Guilty as charged!
I t is more addicting than LBA
02-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
murrelet's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 426
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
How many of you like to buy and fix up old cameras? Just wondering ,it seems to have bitten me good. I cant stop this affliction,it is worse than LBA.
How many of us buy old cameras intending to fix them up, but never do because we end up spending our time looking for old cameras to fix up?
02-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
Forum Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winsum, the Netherlands
Posts: 52
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Me too.....generally I buy them, fix what I can and then let a pro do the adjustments to make sure they are running ‘true’

So far done 4 Minolta SRTs, 1 Minolta XD7, 2x Olympus OM1s which all needed a fair amount if time and effort.

Pentax KX, Chinon CE5, Chinon CM3, Canon AE1 and Nikon F which pretty much only needed cleaning and new seals and a few cosmetic things.

1 Minolta SRT which didnt end well, broken up for parts for the others.

Nikon F301 and Pentax K1000 which pretty much just needed a clean and testing with film. The F301 was a bit skittish at first but settled down in testing, think the contacts in various places had just gotten a bit oxidised and some use sorted it out.
I have two Minolta XD-7 camera 's. Both of them have trouble with the electronics. Are replacement parts for those problems available?

And what would it cost to let them fixed ? And what is a good adress for it?

02-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #9
Senior Member
Astro-Baby's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Posts: 288
My XD7 had shutter stall and hesitation caused by dirty contacts and a bunged up mirror piston the electronics were good. It depends what the headache is, they can suffer various ills due to minor problems but if the chips are dead you have a major problem and its probably a dead duck.

If your based in the UK Miles Whitehead could take a look for you and advise, in the US Garys Cameras might be able to help.
02-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,240
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
How many of us buy old cameras intending to fix them up, but never do because we end up spending our time looking for old cameras to fix up?
I fix them cuz I CAN
6 Days Ago   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,240
Original Poster
Konica TC Mirror Box

here is the mirror box of the Konica tc mirror box
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, chinon, minolta, nikon, pentax, photography, srt
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cityscape Cămara Sunset fs999 Post Your Photos! 22 02-03-2020 08:16 PM
New to this, what camara with this lens? Notplayn Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 11-29-2012 05:13 PM
Cuantas fotos lleva la camara scastilloc Pentax K-r 3 12-16-2010 11:52 PM
Defective Camara or Battery Problem K200D?? ganarask Pentax DSLR Discussion 13 02-14-2010 03:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top