Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Camara Rbuilding

How many of you like to buy and fix up old cameras? Just wondering ,it seems to have bitten me good. I cant stop this affliction,it is worse than LBA.

02-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a couple on my list, mostly bought cheap at thrift stores or found in yard sale or trash.

First is not too old, A Minolta SRT 201, the aperture follower string is broken of off the pulley. Butkus has the manual for the SRT 101 on his site, that should help.
A Kodak 35 range finder is next in line, I have some info on that stored on another computer.
Later a couple of EXA's and n Exacta.

Waiting on some tools now!

Phil
02-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PWhite214 Quote
I have a couple on my list, mostly bought cheap at thrift stores or found in yard sale or trash.

First is not too old, A Minolta SRT 201, the aperture follower string is broken of off the pulley. Butkus has the manual for the SRT 101 on his site, that should help.
A Kodak 35 range finder is next in line, I have some info on that stored on another computer.
Later a couple of EXA's and n Exacta.

Waiting on some tools now!

Phil
You have to get the right type of string.and split he body to do it. Good luck,use the old string for measuring
02-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Guilty as charged!

02-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Me too.....generally I buy them, fix what I can and then let a pro do the adjustments to make sure they are running ‘true’

So far done 4 Minolta SRTs, 1 Minolta XD7, 2x Olympus OM1s which all needed a fair amount if time and effort.

Pentax KX, Chinon CE5, Chinon CM3, Canon AE1 and Nikon F which pretty much only needed cleaning and new seals and a few cosmetic things.

1 Minolta SRT which didnt end well, broken up for parts for the others.

Nikon F301 and Pentax K1000 which pretty much just needed a clean and testing with film. The F301 was a bit skittish at first but settled down in testing, think the contacts in various places had just gotten a bit oxidised and some use sorted it out.
02-12-2020, 04:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Me too.....generally I buy them, fix what I can and then let a pro do the adjustments to make sure they are running ‘true’

So far done 4 Minolta SRTs, 1 Minolta XD7, 2x Olympus OM1s which all needed a fair amount if time and effort.

Pentax KX, Chinon CE5, Chinon CM3, Canon AE1 and Nikon F which pretty much only needed cleaning and new seals and a few cosmetic things.

Nikon F301 and Pentax K1000 which pretty much just needed a clean and testing with film. The F301 was a bit skittish at first but settled down in testing, think the contacts in various places had just gotten a bit oxidised and some use sorted it out.
I done the Minolta SRT 102 ,I am on a run with Konca slrs right now and becoming an Expert on them. And have dabbled with a few Range finders as well . But right now I have a fascination with Konica .Also understand the TOPCON UNIREX very well

---------- Post added 02-12-20 at 06:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Guilty as charged!
I t is more addicting than LBA
02-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
How many of you like to buy and fix up old cameras? Just wondering ,it seems to have bitten me good. I cant stop this affliction,it is worse than LBA.
How many of us buy old cameras intending to fix them up, but never do because we end up spending our time looking for old cameras to fix up?

02-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote

I have two Minolta XD-7 camera 's. Both of them have trouble with the electronics. Are replacement parts for those problems available?

And what would it cost to let them fixed ? And what is a good adress for it?
02-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #9
Veteran Member

My XD7 had shutter stall and hesitation caused by dirty contacts and a bunged up mirror piston the electronics were good. It depends what the headache is, they can suffer various ills due to minor problems but if the chips are dead you have a major problem and its probably a dead duck.

If your based in the UK Miles Whitehead could take a look for you and advise, in the US Garys Cameras might be able to help.
02-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by murrelet Quote
How many of us buy old cameras intending to fix them up, but never do because we end up spending our time looking for old cameras to fix up?
I fix them cuz I CAN
02-14-2020, 03:56 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Konica TC Mirror Box

here is the mirror box of the Konica tc mirror box
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo