Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2020, 01:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I currently pay the abo, a few monthes to go. I wont stay with it. Gimp and Darktable are at least on the same level for me, even though Photoshop and Lightroom are easier to get into for sure.
I bought CS2 when it was released, at this time it was indeed an impressive piece of software.

02-21-2020, 02:20 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I still use CS2. It does everything I need. I used the free trial version of CS5 for a month a few years back, and I've tried the Lightroom free trial too, but neither of them offered anything that made it worth the switch for me personally. I've also got Elements 12, and I'll sometimes use that version of Camera Raw for a shot that needs lots of shadow recovery.

Note for Elements users: there's a very handy utility called Elements+ that unlocks a lot of the full Photoshop features that are usually inaccessible in Elements. The free trial version gives you access to things like curves and color balance that aren't usually there, and the paid version unlocks everything else. It doesn't allow 16 bit layers, but apart from that it'll turn Elements into effectively a full version of Photoshop. About Elements+