Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2020, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I personally lick all exposed surfaces of camera bodies and lenses, primarily to provide proof of ownership....
Best reply EVER

02-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #17
Pentaxian

This virus very probably will not pass, and probably at least 50% of those reading this will get it at some point (and you'll also mostly likely be fine and maybe not even notice). It will be a new seasonal virus. The chance for containment has already failed. The initial go-around will not be great for those that are most vulnerable, after that some built-up immunity in the community will be present and vaccines will be hopefully available. Hopefully we won't destroy our society in a crazy panic about it though. America is particularly vulnerable among advanced nations but I'd have to weigh into political territory to tell you why...
02-29-2020, 04:22 PM - 4 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I personally lick all exposed surfaces of camera bodies and lenses, primarily to provide proof of ownership....
Do the snozzberries actually taste like snozzberries?
02-29-2020, 04:23 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
well

that is better than marking like a male dog

02-29-2020, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #20
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Do the snozzberries actually taste like snozzberries?

THEY DO!

you wouldn't think so, especially after crossing an entire ocean to get here... but they do!
02-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Binocular Viewfinder Quote
Thank You biz-engineer, I disinfected my PK to Fuji X lens adapter with 91% Isopropyl when I recieved it a few days ago. Those of you that don't feel the need to take any precautions concerning this matter, Do Not, those that do, Do...
Just ordered another 1ltr spray of isopropyl alcohol for this purpose (and generally cleaning stuff)
02-29-2020, 04:33 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

advice I would give to clients

" you know, we are in the tornado capital of the world

it is possible that in the next 10 seconds we will be struck by a tornado

do you want to count or should I ?

now if I go home tonight and I have screwed up something my wife really wanted me to do

it is probable that I will be in trouble

I advise you to worry about the probable and not on the possible "

02-29-2020, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Moreover, licking the front element adds sa-Live-a View mode to the camera.

To prevent infection, mount an N95 filter on the lens.
02-29-2020, 04:42 PM - 6 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Come on guys let’s get some perspective here.Most of us are far,far more likely to die of the big C,heart disease,a road accident,etc,etc......and do we make as much fuss about these?
02-29-2020, 04:57 PM - 3 Likes   #25
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Moreover, licking the front element adds sa-Live-a View mode to the camera.

To prevent infection, mount an N95 filter on the lens.

bingo - who needs Vaseline for soft-focus when you have coffee-flavored slobber?
02-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best bet is UV light which will kill the virus short order - no licking involved. Works good and gets all the surfaces but you need the right wavelength to be effective (blacklight tubes don't cut it).
02-29-2020, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #27
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
...To prevent infection, don't use your newly purchased lens or camera for at least nine day...
Maybe we can start count 9 days from the day it was ship? The shipping from China has always been very slow for me. Even express mail to Japan take about a week or more. Normal shipping can take 3 weeks to more than a month! I guess the virus could be already dead during the transit.

By the way, In Japan many company already asked worker to work from home the same to school. I went out for a shopping yesterday, saterday. I see only maybe 1/10 amount of people in a usual packed Saturday shopping mall.

Hope summer come soon this year. Warmer weather is expected to help kill the virus as seen from SARs and even now looking at infection rate in warmer places like Singapore and Thailand. They are one of the earlier countries reported to have infected people outside of China and the number grow very slow + limited to only people had direct contact with tourist from China. Thailand from January 3-24, there were 43 flights from the virus's epic center city, Wuhan city which brought 6,982 people. However, the current infected number is at 46 and no dead. Note that most of January was the time before Chinese government officially admitted they had an out brake going on.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 02-29-2020 at 05:55 PM.
02-29-2020, 06:08 PM - 3 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

A little lemon or lime down the neck fix's Corona.
02-29-2020, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
By the way, In Japan many company already asked worker to work from home the same to school. I went out for a shopping yesterday, saterday. I see only maybe 1/10 amount of people in a usual packed Saturday shopping mall.
This type of caution could be the only way to prevent rapid expansion of this dangerous virus, and avert a pandemic situation with millions of deaths. Keeping hands washed is very important. It could also eventually weaken the virus as only a minor amount of virus is usually there at exposure, strengthening public immunity. We can hope for an effective vaccine in the near future.
02-29-2020, 06:44 PM - 5 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As usual XCKD has a comic relevant to this discussion: