Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #76
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
glad you found something you can work with

yeah, the big ones, I have the Pentax 150-450 zoom and the Pentax * 70-200mm F2.8, do come with that big weight but as you say, I have found that varying how you physically carry them does help a bunch.

and on the other hand, then using any other lens, those other lenses seem close to weightless

06-19-2020, 04:33 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
glad you found something you can work with

yeah, the big ones, I have the Pentax 150-450 zoom and the Pentax * 70-200mm F2.8, do come with that big weight but as you say, I have found that varying how you physically carry them does help a bunch.

and on the other hand, then using any other lens, those other lenses seem close to weightless
I see why people use different camera strap arrangements now. The normal D ring arrangement only works to a certain size weight and balance. I'm sure I'll adapt.
06-19-2020, 04:40 AM   #78
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
I see why people use different camera strap arrangements now. The normal D ring arrangement only works to a certain size weight and balance. I'm sure I'll adapt.
" different camera strap arrangements "

that might expand the conversation

I use a Optech USA utility cross body strap in combination with a joby hand grip and utlra plate

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
06-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
" different camera strap arrangements "

that might expand the conversation

I use a Optech USA utility cross body strap in combination with a joby hand grip and utlra plate

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Joby Ultrafit Hand Strap and Ultra Plate reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Yeah that's the arrangment I was thinking of but no, oh no, I really am done for the moment. My lens churn is temporarily complete. I'm going to buy a different case for this lens, probably another JJC jobby as it'll go on my waist belt and offer a bit more protection than the big floppy thing it came in.

My next purchase will be to upgrade from the K5, probably a K3 as I think the K-new will be too expensive to jump to straight away. In the meantime, time to take some pictures rather than think about what I'm going to use to do it,