Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2020, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't need more cameras because I imported this into photoshop and was able to put a number in the circle. The new number is extra sharp, extra contrasty, and has super saturated colors. I also replaced the background with a photo of xmas lights with a gradient then I used multiple filters on it and enhanced the bokeh. I can't even see the circles that say I am OCD, or I have bad taste!

03-07-2020, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I don't need more cameras because I imported this into photoshop and was able to put a number in the circle. The new number is extra sharp, extra contrasty, and has super saturated colors. I also replaced the background with a photo of xmas lights with a gradient then I used multiple filters on it and enhanced the bokeh. I can't even see the circles that say I am OCD, or I have bad taste!
I got time on my hands, got time on my hands, and so I'm

PS: I think that that track was on one of the first LP's I ever bought - loved/love it

Last edited by jeallen01; 03-07-2020 at 03:01 PM.
03-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
You wouldn't base a "funny" post on people in wheelchairs, or blind people, or people with learning disabilities (at least I hope you wouldn't), so don't do it to people who live with mental illness either.
I wonder if you have noticed that the funny (in my opinion) post is based on us - please look for either 'LBA' or 'GAS' in the forum, and you will see how common they are. This is really not against people with mental problems or illnesses.
03-07-2020, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
I wonder if you have noticed that the funny (in my opinion) post is based on us - please look for either 'LBA' or 'GAS' in the forum, and you will see how common they are. This is really not against people with mental problems or illnesses.

I'm perfectly familiar with what LBA and GAS are, and believe me I'm a hell of a lot more familiar than I wish I was with one of those five other conditions too.

The original post takes something as insignificant as the urge to buy camera gear and equates it with deeply destructive illnesses. It puts so-called lens buying addiction on the same level as serious conditions that ruin lives and in many cases end them. And in doing that it belittles those who struggle with those illnesses.

The fact that people here don't seem to understand that is a sign in itself of the day-to-day battle against ignorance that people with those conditions have to fight.

03-07-2020, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I live with one of those five other conditions and today it caused me significant problems with my volunteer work, which is the most important thing in my life. Sorry to be a killjoy, but I'm not amused.
You know as an adult living life within the autistic spectrum,I pretty much have all 5 of those conditions,some to a greater degree than others and I found it damn funny.
Oh and BTW I got another camera today! Because I just need one more,yeah one more and that's it.
03-07-2020, 03:47 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

NOBODY is belittling those with "issues" like LBA and OCD (my stepson has the latter) because they have a real "attraction" to a specific "activity" - from what I've seen/read those "conditions" are sometimes just an obsession, but can be a symptom of some form of autism. OTOH, diagnosed-autistic people often seem to show strong determination to "succeed and achieve" in the field to which they are drawn - thus it would seem that such folk really do sometimes "reach the heights" in those fields

Last edited by jeallen01; 03-07-2020 at 04:17 PM.
03-07-2020, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

I have mobility issues, and am also overweight. I have been known to prepare to alight from buses by saying loudly 'Mind your backs please - fat cripple coming through !' This will get people laughing with me, not at me - I am not belittling any form of physical or mental condition other than my own, and I feel I am entitled to do that.

FWIW, a monopod can make a very good walking stick !