Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2020, 08:45 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's nice seeing the focus peaking "guide lines" for a more nuanced display. Focus confirmation lights and such aren't bad but I don't have as much trust in them.

03-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
It's nice seeing the focus peaking "guide lines" for a more nuanced display. Focus confirmation lights and such aren't bad but I don't have as much trust in them.
If the more nuanced display doesn't lead to more nuanced images, I really don't care. The best way to unclutter your life. Ignore the glitter, stick to the minimum necessary. At least that would be my way of seeing it.
03-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having a preference for one forme of focus indication vs. the other does not mean my life is overly complicated. Come on. In a lot of ways the K-1 would be a better home for Pentax glass than the Fuji setup. This is the one thing I would prefer, to have as a focusing aid. This is not a big deal.
03-11-2020, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Having a preference for one forme of focus indication vs. the other does not mean my life is overly complicated. Come on. In a lot of ways the K-1 would be a better home for Pentax glass than the Fuji setup. This is the one thing I would prefer, to have as a focusing aid. This is not a big deal.
Now that I have a camera capable of some of that stuff, I just find it irritating. My big question has become, "can I turn this off".

03-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nokturner Quote
....Yes, no Pentax camera has a tilltable electronic viewfinder, a must ever since I started using one. Any camera without that is a 100% dealbraker for me for now on, regardles other beenefits. And also this tiny little lightweigt NEX performs wery, wery well with it's really nice sensor (though really fiddly small buttons, totally hopeless to use).

Listen Pentax/Ricoh: you will beat this in a blink if you decide: small, tactile mirrorless camera with tilltable viewfinder and no crippled K-mount (if you don't start making real M-series style lenses/autofocus lenses again. But then you need a non crippled mount... Ha, ha). -Not much buttons and menus: ISO, shutterspeed and exposure compensation buttons on top of camera (combined with front and back wheel for the same). No top display taking up space for what purpose from what you already feel and se from the mechanical buttons, wheels and rings giving joyfull tactile feedback. Menus stripped down to a minimum, the NEX 5N is exemplary, but strip it down eaven more to just some few really photographic meaningfull settings. And choose this settings picky, and they don't need to be many. The less picky they are picked, the more of them they tend to be and most of them totally uneccesary.....
I feel I need to put you out of your misery:
Ricoh makes what Ricoh believes will sell. The fact that you need something that almost no-one else needs will not alter their design direction.

In short, you either need to find a Pentax DSLR that you can live with, or you'll need to find something from another manufacturer that you can live with. Good luck with your search.
03-11-2020, 04:43 PM - 4 Likes   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The way I see it.... Nokturner is just sharing his thoughts on his way of enjoying some pentax lenses.... not so much looking for validation..... or something to be fixed. Generally, we are all mostly characters here, enjoying and playing at the fringe of the bell curve to some extent. Good for him I say..... whilst I still enjoy doing it my way.
03-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder what he would think of the K-1's tilt & telescoping screen. It might be very much to his liking.

03-12-2020, 03:43 AM   #23
pid
Pentaxian

@Nokturner: ... did you ever used this outstanding M-Zoom? SMC Pentax-M 35-70mm F2.8-3.5 Reviews - M Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
03-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #24

Original Poster
I don't like to upset you fellows more than I obviously already has, as to upset was not my intention.

But I adress some of the questions:

Pentax K-1 and II I have only read and seen reviews of, newer held in my hands. I think it's tilt screen mechanism looks as totally great as cool!

No, I have not tried the M35-70/2.8-3.5. Looks like a wery nice lens! I have once concidered bying me one when I did find one at sale on the net here in Sweden, actually not so long ago :-)
03-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think anyone here is upset and this seems like a pretty normal if not slightly subdued discussion.
03-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't like to upset you fellows more than I obviously already has, as to upset was not my intention.
That is OK...usually this sort of thread gets started in the late at night in the dead of winter and perhaps fueled by a shot or two of vodka. It is refreshing to have something like this as spring is breaking. Good luck on your quest for that special camera and so sorry you found no lasting joy with most of your M-series lenses.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-12-2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: style
03-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #27
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't let Normhead scare you. That's just the way he writes

Since you have some lovely M gear do drop a shot or two in M club: The M Club! - Page 536 - PentaxForums.com
03-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #28

Original Poster
Ok guys! I have now posted a couple of shots in The M Club! Ops, now I see that one photo was with the Takumar 135/2.5, not an M-lens, as the name of the club states. Sorry for that :-)

The M Club! - Page 536 - PentaxForums.com

I also have to say that the M50/1.4 and M120/2.8 sometimes will follow in my photo bag, dependeing on what I'm going to photograph. Probably also sometimes some other M-lenses, just because they are fun to use and gives good images :-) Guess two at a time of them to carry with will be enough.
03-15-2020, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Don't let Normhead scare you. That's just the way he writes
I'm actually a very friendly guy,
03-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #30

Original Poster
Ok Normhead! I would be glad to photograph side to side with you to learn and for the joy of it :-) I'm living in Europe though, in Sweden. A bit far maybe :-)