Some things to do while self quarantined

Name:  90655718_2954710651218105_8549428652352208896_n.jpg
Views: 1771
Size:  88.1 KB

03-22-2020, 11:09 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Great idea!

Just before this whole thing blew up, I bought a O-ICK1 cleaning stick that I've not had a chance to use yet. I'm looking forward to removing all the COVID-19 particles stuck to the sensor. ;-)
03-22-2020, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
I bought a O-ICK1 cleaning stick that I've not had a chance to use yet
Oh, you're in for a treat. It's so simple and works well!
03-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I received a hood for my 55-300 PLM the day before my country locked us all inside.

Ironically the weather had been rain and dark for weeks (even months). Sun started to shine in a perfectly clear blue sky the first day of lockdown. Is it a sign?

03-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

People are not going out = less pollution.

BTW, has anyone actually seen a photo of this beastie of which we are all so scared - so we know what to look out for ?
03-22-2020, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
People are not going out = less pollution.

BTW, has anyone actually seen a photo of this beastie of which we are all so scared - so we know what to look out for ?
I don't know of any Pentax that comes with a Scanning Electron Microscope...
03-22-2020, 01:41 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I don't know of any Pentax that comes with a Scanning Electron Microscope...
You haven’t heard? It pops out from the bottom of the K-new...

03-22-2020, 02:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Supplies of glass, matboard, wire and fixings are sufficient for me to get cracking with the remainder of last year's framing. With the approach of Christmas and the New Year holidays, I thought I would be travelling widely. Then the apocalyptic bushfires wiped out everything. As recently as early March I again thought I would be travelling, but now we're all in house lock-down!! Like everywhere else, Australia is now in closed from 12noon today, with all State borders closed and Tasmania completely cut off from the rest of the nation.

The amazing upside to all of this is the dramatic fall in airbone particulate matter caused by over-use of cars when commuting. The air here is now approaching a level of cleanliness unknown in our time. It is amazing.
03-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

By absence of any news about K-new or K1-x I convinced myself to spend some money on a 3D-printer kit which I'm going to assemble next week, and to learn myself making CAD models with OpenSCAD and how to use the slicer software. The first two things I want to print is a grip for the K-70 to make it more ergonomic, and also a film-holder for a DSLR MF film copier I'm going to make. This will keep me busy for some time I guess.
03-22-2020, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Macro photography? Maybe we could have a C19 Macro selfiso competition?
03-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Silent Street Quote
Supplies of glass, matboard, wire and fixings are sufficient for me to get cracking with the remainder of last year's framing. With the approach of Christmas and the New Year holidays, I thought I would be travelling widely. Then the apocalyptic bushfires wiped out everything. As recently as early March I again thought I would be travelling, but now we're all in house lock-down!! Like everywhere else, Australia is now in closed from 12noon today, with all State borders closed and Tasmania completely cut off from the rest of the nation.

The amazing upside to all of this is the dramatic fall in airbone particulate matter caused by over-use of cars when commuting. The air here is now approaching a level of cleanliness unknown in our time. It is amazing.
And how’s this for craziness...while responsible people are self quarantined , limiting leaving the house....what does Michaels art supplies do here ????Let’s have a 50% ff sale and get as many people into the store at once!
03-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've been in the process of preparing to move, so going through and purging and packing. I've found some forgotten things that end up being photographed tabletop style. Hope to find some more. We are not in a lockdown, now we are encouraged to only go to necessary places like work, a grocery or doctor, even for drive through or carryout food. Tuesday those encouragements become ordered and non essential work will be stopped (whatever that is, there is a long list of essential work). And we can take walks, just supposed to keep six feet from other people. Tomorrow my wife has an appointment, and then we are going to the grocery to hopefully get enough food to last through April 13, that's planned moving day, and hopefully it sticks to plan. Everybody stay safe out there!
03-22-2020, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #13
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Great idea!

Just before this whole thing blew up, I bought a O-ICK1 cleaning stick that I've not had a chance to use yet. I'm looking forward to removing all the COVID-19 particles stuck to the sensor. ;-)
Best cleaning tool around, IMHO - at least so far as removing dust and debris is concerned. When a dust blower doesn't work fully, the O-ICK1 gel stick always does. Anything left after that is going to be stuff that requires a wet clean. I haven't needed to do one of those in maybe three years...
03-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
And how’s this for craziness...while responsible people are self quarantined , limiting leaving the house....what does Michaels art supplies do here ????Let’s have a 50% ff sale and get as many people into the store at once!
But doesn't Michaels do that EVERY week
03-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
I received a hood for my 55-300 PLM the day before my country locked us all inside.

Ironically the weather had been rain and dark for weeks (even months). Sun started to shine in a perfectly clear blue sky the first day of lockdown. Is it a sign?
You have offended the camera gods, your only recourse is to divide your collection in half, and send half to a worthy Pentaxian.