Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Now we know - perhaps more than we wanted to know, hehehe. Thanks!

10-21-2020, 02:51 AM   #77
Pentaxian

I suppose the 'Surprise' was when you weren't expecting it ...
10-21-2020, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Correct price for a Praktica, but not worth an 80 mile round trip.
Attached Images

10-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shopggodwill has a SF1 auction ending in 6 hours with 7 bidders and current high bit of nearly $100. Iíve never looked into these cameras and was puzzled by the high price. Looks to have an F 50mm 1.7 lens. Then scrolling through the pics I saw the reason for the interest. 50mm f1.2 lens comes with it. Iíll be interested to see what it goes for.

10-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If you want to scan your film at 5000 dpi, this is what you need. An Apple Mac Pro (just the thing to operate it with, apparently) is included in the price.

Fujifilm Lanovia Quattro prepress scanner | Pietermaritzburg | Gumtree Classifieds South Africa | 796483415
11-19-2020, 09:49 PM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shopgoodwill recently had a Yashica 635 which literally looked like brand new. Eventually went for $321. Amazing to find a decades old camera which looked like it had never been used.
Attached Images

11-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Pentax Auto Bellows M (K-Mount) and Lens

Almost all the bellows I see on Ebay are screw mount, and K-mount ones are rare for some reason. The seller does not seem to be aware of this fact as they do not point this out, other than describing it as an Auto Bellows M, which of course they can read on the base.

Pentax 100mm macro lens with auto bellows M | eBay

11-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #83

That would be a nice acquisition for someone if it goes for a low price. It doesn't appear to have the dual cable release or extension/magnification scale.

11-21-2020, 03:45 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Pentax Auto Bellows M (K-Mount) and Lens
Looking at the picture, it does not look as if you could fit it on a Pentax DSLR. The mount end is surrounded by a wide flange which would surely foul the pentaprism brow of DSLRs. In fact, with that projecting base slider, I wonder how it even fits a film era body bearing in mind you need to twist the bayonet on - but it must be able to.
11-21-2020, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Looking at the picture, it does not look as if you could fit it on a Pentax DSLR. The mount end is surrounded by a wide flange which would surely foul the pentaprism brow of DSLRs. In fact, with that projecting base slider, I wonder how it even fits a film era body bearing in mind you need to twist the bayonet on - but it must be able to.
I believe the mount detaches, you put the mount in the camera and then attach the bellows. For a DSLR you can add an extension tube.
11-21-2020, 04:23 PM   #86

My Auto Bellows (M42) and Auto Bellows-A fit on my K10D without a tube. The only thing is you can't rotate the camera say from portrait to landscape without removing the adapter from the bellows (held in with a thumb screw). The main problem is the size and shape of the mount base on the camera where the lens release button is. On the old film cameras it is round following the contours of the mount opening. On DSLRs it is square and the corners hit the base of the rear bellows standard. An extension tube allows the corners to clear the base.
11-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #87
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I believe the mount detaches, you put the mount in the camera and then attach the bellows. For a DSLR you can add an extension tube.
I have the Auto Bellows A and that is indeed the way it works.
11-24-2020, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
I have the Auto Bellows A and that is indeed the way it works.
Iím at a loss to understand the difference between the M and A versions of the Auto Bellows. From what I can see, the A version doesnít transmit the aperture information back to the body when an A (or later) lens is fitted, which is what the ďAĒ designation might suggest, but I may be wrong.
11-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #89

According to Murry O'Neill's "The Pentax Bellows" eBook the only difference between the Macro Bellows-A and the K or M versions is in the dimensions of the X rail. The rail or standards cannot be substituted between the A and K or M bellows.
11-25-2020, 12:32 AM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
According to Murry O'Neill's "The Pentax Bellows" eBook the only difference between the Macro Bellows-A and the K or M versions is in the dimensions of the X rail. The rail or standards cannot be substituted between the A and K or M bellows.
OK. Thanks for that.