Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2020, 06:43 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Astounding! Or should I say... "Astrounding"?
Terrible puns aside, all the images are jaw-dropping, I particularly like the Orion Nebula one near the end of the article. Well-deserved congratulations!

05-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations! Silly as it may seem, your post made my day. It is good to read and see something pleasant.

Steve
05-14-2020, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

I've followed your observatory project on Cloudynights, I've been waiting for months for updates - now I get it here!
Your observatory, your pictures and your well deserved fame - absolutely fantastic!
05-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

No wonder they did a feature on you! Kudos on the shots and the project.

05-14-2020, 10:20 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Awesome! It’s amazing to me that you’ll get a couple minutes on local TV while complete idiots get Recurring TV shows about them hunting imaginary ghosts, or creatures, or aliens, or treasures. And they call those reality shows,
05-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOO-HOO!!! Go You! Well deserved indeed! Try not to forget us little people.
05-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
This is the first time I've been on the news for my photography
Sounds like not the first time thought, should we be worried? (just kidding)
Nice write up and some great photos there.

05-14-2020, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #23

Nice work! This made it into my Google news feed this morning!
05-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

Denver 7 finished the video. They have been playing short segments on the morning news and are supposed to air some tonight and tomorrow morning (must be a slow news day

05-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Thanks everyone!

Denver 7 finished the video. They have been playing short segments on the morning news and are supposed to air some tonight and tomorrow morning (must be a slow news day

Shooting the stars: Colorado astrophotographer builds backyard dome observatory - YouTube
Hey, you know what? I think you should contact Air and Space (Smithsonian) or NASA Goddard. Seriously. I work at one of the Smithsonian museums (Hirshhorn), and I can tell you definitively that right now all of the Smithsonian units are looking to engage the public through digital outreach. This is a soup to nuts great story, and I would be very surprised if someone at the Smithsonian wouldn't find the total story terrific. If you want to pursue it, let me know and maybe I can dig up the Air and Space person you should contact.

But, there's one big condition. You gotta mention Pentax!
05-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Outstanding! Really an inspiration for me. I took my first amateur shots of Andromeda and Orion's Nebula last year and it was addiction. There's so much craft in it, from the image taking to all the processing. You've really done a terrific job, and how fun to be recognized on the news for it. I bet a lot of people will be inspired as well. Might even get some people into the hobby.
05-14-2020, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
I took my first amateur shots of Andromeda and Orion's Nebula last year and it was addiction.
Careful there pretty soon you too will be spending way too much on gear and hiding out all night in strange places while your wife wonders where you went.
05-15-2020, 02:02 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Careful there pretty soon you too will be spending way too much on gear and hiding out all night in strange places while your wife wonders where you went.
I second that - it's a black hole in many senses
05-15-2020, 02:16 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I joined PF to become part of a global Pentax community. Today I learn about the cool things going on across town from me. Wild. That is really cool, and perhaps at some future (nonpandemic) date you might allow a tour?
05-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful work, you should be famous. My older brother formerly took beautiful astrophotos. I often wish I had the time and equipment to produce such beautiful deep space photos.