Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2020, 02:20 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Its not always possible for everybody to view a particular club every day so adding a comment below can be a couple of pages away from an image.
You can do what I have done here by quoting you........ Select some text from the post that contains the photo you like and choose "quote this text". Then you can comment on the picture you like.

The original poster will see a notification that they have been quoted and will be able to find your comment easily.

06-20-2020, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Remember that what is really nice is a Jovian Sunspot at the hour of scampering.
I'd rather have a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster
06-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
You can do what I have done here by quoting you........ Select some text from the post that contains the photo you like and choose "quote this text". Then you can comment on the picture you like.

The original poster will see a notification that they have been quoted and will be able to find your comment easily.
I think he is saying if you are going through a thread a few months (or longer) after something is posted then quoting it may not bring it up on the same page -- maybe not even with a few pages if it is a quick moving thread like the K-1 thread.
06-20-2020, 04:33 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think he is saying if you are going through a thread a few months (or longer) after something is posted then quoting it may not bring it up on the same page -- maybe not even with a few pages if it is a quick moving thread like the K-1 thread.
I realised that was what he was saying. My suggestion will at least reference back to the post that he liked. I know of no forums anywhere on the web that allow you to place a post back in time.

06-20-2020, 04:54 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I'd rather have a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster
Meh, it’s best used as a mouthwash. At least then you aren’t tempted to swallow.
06-20-2020, 10:28 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I know of no forums anywhere on the web that allow you to place a post back in time.
I believe that hidden function becomes available on PF when you reach 100,000 posts
06-21-2020, 04:07 AM   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I believe that hidden function becomes available on PF when you reach 100,000 posts
it's nice to know there will be an award

what happens when you get 100,000 or more " likes " for your posts?

06-21-2020, 08:11 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
That explains why no one knows about it... how did you find out?

Some people, (like me) find long posts with lot's of images is what they like. In many cases the images tell a story. I'm happy with one like for 12 images.

Some post their images one at time. (Not me.) I open the thread and feel cheated.

"What? Only one image? I took three seconds out of my life for that? "

But the whole thing is, who takes these things seriously?

As for liking individual images.... it could be a good thing I guess, if likes meant something. They are just a way of saying "thanks for taking and posting this (these) images." If you want to know which one you can always run a poll.

I'm sure sometimes people are saying "thanks for the whole series" and not for one individual image. Whatever change is made (if any) would have to keep that in mind.

SO how would that work. You can give 1 like for the whole series and then each individual images so say 6 likes for posting 5 images from one guy in one thread.. Nothing wrong with that I guess, it's just not what we've done to date.

Given the number of posts I have with likes with 6-12 images where I almost certainly would have multiple likes for the same thread, I wonder what my like total wold look like. But, why would we do this again ? We do have a critique section for people who want feedback on their work. A "like" tells you almost nothing, except maybe someone was probably in a really good mood when they looked at your images.

I'm really aware of how my mood affects my inclination to like images, but hey, maybe it's just me.

Maybe for all y'all it' is a serious form of critique requiring thoughtful analysis and focus. A process that needs to be refined to make sure it accomplishes some goal, whatever that imagined goal might be.

Last edited by normhead; 06-21-2020 at 08:32 AM.
06-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I thought there was a way to attach a comment to the like. I don't know why but sometimes the Forum brings up a comment box for me and most of the time it doesn't. I thought it was if you right click on the like button, but that isn't it because I just tried it and it didn't work. But if you can figure that out, that would be an option.
You should be able to right click the button and choose "Open link in new tab" then enter your comment.