Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2020, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On the matter of Likes

Members often submit several images in the same post, as it stands you have to either ignore the post completely or give a like to everything when you might only wish it to attach to a specific image.

Is there any way around this ?

06-18-2020, 03:05 PM - 4 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Comment below and tell the person you really like image #x.
06-18-2020, 03:06 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Add a comment specifying which image the “like” relates to, what you liked about that image (and ,perhaps, what you didn’t like about the other images on the post?).
06-18-2020, 04:05 PM - 9 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If I like something about a post, be it a comment or one of several photos, I simply "like" the whole thing. I'm not stingy with my compliments and don't sweat the small stuff.

06-18-2020, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
as it stands you have to either ignore the post completely or give a like to everything when you might only wish it to attach to a specific image
Well you don't "have" to do anything. If you don't like an image in a post then don't like the post. The "like" button refers to the entire post.
06-18-2020, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
Comment below and tell the person you really like image #x.
I like this idea.😀
06-19-2020, 01:42 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was kind of hoping that a like button could be automatically attached to each image so it would act like a critique of their work.

Its not always possible for everybody to view a particular club every day so adding a comment below can be a couple of pages away from an image.

06-19-2020, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought there was a way to attach a comment to the like. I don't know why but sometimes the Forum brings up a comment box for me and most of the time it doesn't. I thought it was if you right click on the like button, but that isn't it because I just tried it and it didn't work. But if you can figure that out, that would be an option.
06-19-2020, 03:00 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Members often submit several images in the same post, as it stands you have to either ignore the post completely or give a like to everything when you might only wish it to attach to a specific image.

Remember that likes are nice, but what is really nice is a Jovian Sunspot at the hour of scampering.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 06-19-2020 at 09:02 AM.
06-19-2020, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #10
Unregistered User

My policy is based on the assumption that a person's post is an integrated whole, which I either like as a whole or do not. So if one picture out of four is one I like, that doesn't matter, if I don't like the entire post, that's all there is to it. I also generally ignore pictures that don't meet the criteria defined for the thread, regardless of whether I actually like the picture or not.

On the other hand, I think I"m pretty liberal about "liking" pictures that I think really are good pictures, and I don't care what category they fall into within the range of "documentation" to "fine art", or who the photographer was - I don't usually even look at the name on the posting and that's usually because I want to see if I'm right about who took the shot because I recognize the style. I'm generally more interested in composition than anything else, and how well the photographer seems to have met his goals in framing the shot.
06-19-2020, 06:52 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moi

I like what I like

and my reasons can vary depending on time and mood
06-19-2020, 07:04 AM - 4 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I thought there was a way to attach a comment to the like. I don't know why but sometimes the Forum brings up a comment box for me and most of the time it doesn't. I thought it was if you right click on the like button, but that isn't it because I just tried it and it didn't work. But if you can figure that out, that would be an option.
It used to be there by default, bu it's now only there if you open the like button in a new tab.
06-19-2020, 07:11 AM - 4 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

It was annoying....
I'm pretty sure there was a thread in which the consensus seemed to be that it shouldn't be automatic.

For many of us, the folks who like just like one image go to our Flickr page and fav it there.
06-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It can be done, but might get pretty complicated for the software engineers. It might no be worth the effort and expense.
06-19-2020, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
It can be done, but might get pretty complicated for the software engineers. It might no be worth the effort and expense.
I suggest if someone cares, they post the photos individually. Some might object to each photo being singled out. If anything there should be a way to prevent the ability to like a post. Ok that last is a bit contrary to show the thinking can go both ways.