Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2020, 11:19 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Always keep one in the camera bag with a spare rear lens cap just in case.

07-03-2020, 01:24 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The push-on plastic body caps always stayed in the box, only to be put back on the camera when I sold them.

I have a handful of Op-Tech USA K mount body caps which I used on my older bodies, but now the newer bodies (K-1 and KP) ship with proper bayonet body caps they are no longer required.
07-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm one of those people that rarely switches lenses in the field or carry a body separate from a lens, so I don't need a cap. But I think there is one in my camera bag somewhere.
07-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The push-on plastic body caps always stayed in the box, only to be put back on the camera when I sold them.

I have a handful of Op-Tech USA K mount body caps which I used on my older bodies, but now the newer bodies (K-1 and KP) ship with proper bayonet body caps they are no longer required.
Similar for me. It’d be nice if there was another bodycap-like lens (similar to the DA40XS but not intruding into the mirror space) available for the K-1, though, maybe with a built-in cover.

Like I need another lens...

09-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #35
Site Supporter

I think they're all somewhere in the mid-80s? I don't think i've ever received one with any camera i've bought (used, all of them).

I have a few lens end caps, which get used, the bodies all tend to live with a lens attached.

I've thought about sending them in for CLA, where the lack of caps causes a problem... I keep hoping to get one in a purchase, because they all seem to be going for premium dollars on the large online auction site.
09-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since most of my cameras came as rear caps on lenses I wanted I guess in a sense I I know where my body caps are
09-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #37
Pentaxian

It is with the other sock.

09-18-2020, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is on the camera.
The rear lens caps are on my lenses.....
09-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep still have the M43 caps for my Mamaya/Sekor DTL500 and my Pentax Spotmatic II. Not bad after almost a half century for the DTL 500.
09-23-2020, 02:55 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I keep a lens on my camera bodies.

When I buy a camera, I take the lens cap off and put it in the box. The hot shoe cover goes in the same place.
09-23-2020, 05:13 AM   #41
Pentaxian

My caps are in a case, along with odds and ends related to photography (extra lens caps, rocket blower, cleaning cloth, etc).

My cameras have lenses on them.

QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
Each of my camera bodies has a 'default' lens that stays installed at all times so the sensor is protected and the camera is always ready to go.
I do that too, revert to the same lens each time I put the camera away.

I can't understand why some people enjoy carrying their cameras in their bags without a lens attached (unless it won't fit any other way of course). I'd rather have the camera always ready to shoot.
09-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Always keep one in the camera bag with a spare rear lens cap just in case.
I do this, too. I'll admit that I don't use my body caps as much as I did in the film days. Back then, the way my camera bag was set up, I had no place to put a camera with the lens attached so everything got caps and went back into its place when I was finished shooting. In the digital age, where dust on the sensor is now a problem, I've switched my set-up so that my most-used camera/lens combo stays together in the bag. I carry an extra body though and there's a body cap on that.