Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K & F Concept

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Has anyone used ND filters made by K & F Concept? I was looking at a variable adjustment ND2 - ND400. the K & F sell for about 25.00 on the bay for a 72mm. I wouldn't expect them to be great but I would hope they were at least usable. I would assume they display a certain amount of blue casting. I was also curious if these filters worked well with a CPL attached to the front.

For 25.00, I may give one a try.

I'm hoping somebody has had a go with these filters and could perhaps post some results or just give a general opinion.

08-07-2020, 09:54 AM - 1 Like   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
I'm hoping somebody has had a go with these filters and could perhaps post some results or just give a general opinion.
I have a K&F polarizer, which has given me positive results, they are Chinese products but high-end comparable to other brands much more acclaimed,

you know that everyone believes they have the magic sphere, but the reality is to try them and then of any brand you talk about there can always be a sample or defective or not perfect.
Anyway, I've read enough to know that they are good and can produce, in a very small quantity of the tiny dominating ones, insignificant and correctable in post-production.

Of course you know that, but it's good to remember that the graduated ND filters are basically two polarizers phase-shifted by 90°,
that's why by rotating them you get different values depending on the use you want to make of them.

Adding a polarizer is not a good idea, for the reason I explained and because too many elements in front of the lens can create unwanted effects, but anything is possible.

Test K&F Concept ND 1

Test K&F Concept ND2

Ciao Mario

Last edited by maw; 08-09-2020 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added link
08-09-2020, 01:34 AM - 1 Like   #3
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
Has anyone used ND filters made by K & F Concept?
Hi kevinWE,

If you haven't already purchased it, a link to the K&F Concept Neutral Density 2-400

Good shots, Mario