Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
The directors of "giving" used my numbers as "in kind" donations. Those numbers, while showing up on various institutional lists, as a monetary amount are not applicable to my income tax burden. So - the non-profits get a small tax claim, I get none. My efforts were explicitly listed as donations.
Typically, "non-profits" do not have any tax liability.

However, "in-kind" donations look very good on grant applications - so, certainly yes, do put a value on your contributions. (Check with the non-profit, but I see no reason not to put a full value on your work.) Some granting agencies even ask for them to be included. I used to easily come up with $50,000 in-kind "donations" from our singers (at minimum wage!) when I did grant applications for our community chorus.

10-09-2020, 06:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, and make sure you get a few copies of the book!
10-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Congrats, and make sure you get a few copies of the book!
Thanks, there is supposed to be a signed copy for me.

Larry