Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2020, 06:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
You still have "camera stores" in the plural in Finland?
Well, one purely camera store has a web store and b&m stores in major cities in Finland. Another store sells all kinds of electronics, but used to have a pretty good selection of cameras. Apparently they're both dropping Pentax. Another good purely camera store is mainly a web store, but they also have one b&m store in the capital. They used to carry a lot of Pentax also, but now the only Pentax DSLR they have on stock is the K-70. Hope they aren't dropping the brand as well. (Actually this store sold their last remaining K-1 Mark I cameras for some 1000 € in the spring but I didn't know of it at the time. Still kicking myself for not being up to date...)

10-15-2020, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the UK at least we are lucky to have SRS Microsystems which has a physical shop as well as online sales and gives Pentax DSLRs equal prominince to Canon and Nikon (historically probably more) Wex photo video also stocks a full range of Pentax, online, at least - I've not seen their stores.
10-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hard to find Pentax cameras in local camera stores...been like that for several years and likely not going to get better. The larger stores in Toronto will usually order one for you but don’t expect to actually see one in any store.

Stock of electronic items is low everywhere here. A year ago I could walk into a Staples store and pick out one of 10 different HP printers that they had in stock. Not anymore. Even on the HP Canada store, inkjet printers, lots are not in stock.

So a camera company that stores do not like to stock their product, plus a pandemic, equals little stock.
10-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Apparently they're both dropping Pentax.
In the US I have not seen a Pentax camera in a real store in over 5 years. All sales are now online to the best of my knowledge.
QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
Stock of electronic items is low everywhere here. A year ago I could walk into a Staples store and pick out one of 10 different HP printers that they had in stock. Not anymore. Even on the HP Canada store, inkjet printers, lots are not in stock.
Inkjet printers have been in short supply for some time. I ordered a Canon in July at Adorama, it has been back ordered since. So over 3 months. I had been thinking it was factory shutdown or similar but it just occurred to me that all those people working from home now might have bought a printer or had their employer buy them one. Instant increase in demand by several 1,000 percent.

I have been watching Amazon and when they said a printer was in stock I ordered it immediately and canceled my Adorama order. Amazon had 3 in stock and they were gone within a half hour.

10-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Printers...made in China...coronavirus
People working from home... end result is a shortage of everything
10-17-2020, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
Printers...made in China...coronavirusPeople working from home... end result is a shortage of everything
Yes, double impact. Less production and more demand at the same time.

I was thinking last night of large companies suddenly having 1,000's even 10,000's of employees working from home. Purchasing manager putting in an order for 25,000 home office printers.................
10-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Yes, double impact. Less production and more demand at the same time.

I was thinking last night of large companies suddenly having 1,000's even 10,000's of employees working from home. Purchasing manager putting in an order for 25,000 home office printers.................
Don't forget the paper!

10-17-2020, 09:25 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
Don't forget the paper!
You are right! I have noticed that Office Depot is not running many sales on paper anymore.......... Prices seem to have gone up a lot from the usual "sale of the week" thing they always did.