Processing Infrared on a tablet

My standard workflow for producing infrared is
Open in lightroom
Apply DNG profile
Open in Photoshop
Swap channels/invert
Return to lightroom
Process

The attached video shows you how to create a LUT which contains the channel swap and import it into lightroom as a profile. You can then open your IR file, apply the profile and its done! The other cool thing about this is said profile becomes available in lightroom mobile on android and IOS. The attached images were all processed in lightroom mobile on an android tablet. they're a bit grey, I shot them on a very cloudy day, but you get the idea.

10-14-2020, 05:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I use IR image associated DIY LUTs as well and apply them in LR directly for DNG files.
One important notice is that LUT/color profile effect on DNG file is very very shooting conditions dependent. That means that for best result you should make shooting conditions dependent LUT in PS, import it in LR and apply it for whole series of images with similar lighting conditions.
Example (same color profile, same adjustmenst in LR, just different lighting - some sun was available on the left picture, and completely cloudy on the right)
10-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I use IR image associated DIY LUTs as well and apply them in LR directly for DNG files.
One important notice is that LUT/color profile effect on DNG file is very very shooting conditions dependent. That means that for best result you should make shooting conditions dependent LUT in PS, import it in LR and apply it for whole series of images with similar lighting conditions.
Example (same color profile, same adjustmenst in LR, just different lighting - some sun was available on the left picture, and completely cloudy on the right)
That's interesting. I never thought of creating luts for different light. Mine are quite basic though, just colour swap of inversion so it shouldn't affect mine