Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Can't find Pentax cameras on Ricoh India's webpage

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Has Ricoh stopped selling Pentax cameras in India? I can only see the Ricoh Theta. End of Pentax in India? ☹️😔

10-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SunnyG. Quote
Can anyone tell me what's going on? Has Ricoh stopped selling Pentax cameras in India?
You need to look harder. A quick google finds lots of pentax cameras and lenses for sale in India
10-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It appears that Ricoh India was renamed to Minosha earlier this year, and transitioned to a new business following some issues and irregularities. I didn't look into the full details. Ricoh India renames itself as Minosha, eyes Rs 500 cr biz in 3 yrs | Business Insider India

Ricoh Imaging's main 'global' page points to the following for Ricoh Imaging India: Yo! Digitals | Ricoh | India

The links for Pentax, Theta, and GR point to Ricoh Imaging's Japan-English site.

I'm not sure about retail availability -- I'm in Canada. A quick search shows that Gadgets360 lists various Pentax products, but their links to Amazon.in bring up blanks on the several products I looked at.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/ricoh-pentax-k-s2-20-12mp-dslr-camera-11901

Edit: I see that this question came up in 2018 (I vaguely recalled the thread): https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/...ras-india.html.

Perhaps you could ask the Indian distributor, Yo! Digitals.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 10-15-2020 at 03:27 PM.
10-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
You need to look harder. A quick google finds lots of pentax cameras and lenses for sale in India
Those cameras aren't either available or much much above the international price. I don't think those sellers are authorised dealers

---------- Post added 10-15-20 at 05:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
It appears that Ricoh India was renamed to Minosha earlier this year, and transitioned to a new business following some issues and irregularities. I didn't look into the full details. Ricoh India renames itself as Minosha, eyes Rs 500 cr biz in 3 yrs | Business Insider India

Ricoh Imaging's main 'global' page points to the following for Ricoh Imaging India: Yo! Digitals | Ricoh | India

The links for Pentax, Theta, and GR point to Ricoh Imaging's Japan-English site.

I'm not sure about retail availability -- I'm in Canada. A quick search shows that Gadgets360 lists various Pentax products, but their links to Amazon.in bring up blanks on the several products I looked at.

Ricoh Pentax K-S2 20.12MP DSLR Camera Online at Lowest Price in India

Edit: I see that this question came up in 2018 (I vaguely recalled the thread): Is Pentax going to stop selling cameras in India? - PentaxForums.com.

Perhaps you could ask the Indian distributor, Yo! Digitals.

- Craig
I sent a mail from the link you provided. And I'm just as confused over what's happening. The site doesn't address the availablity of Pentax cameras.

The other thread, that was mine too. Really confused about their way of working. They don't even care let their customers know

10-15-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

How does one say "Pentax is doomed" in Hindi?
10-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the usa there was a Pentax website that has a store that was the official site for years... Then Pentax (Ricoh) backed their own site and the old one slowly died as I recall. This may be similar.
10-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Can anyone tell me what's going on? Has Ricoh stopped selling Pentax cameras in India? I can only see the Ricoh Theta. End of Pentax in India? ☹️😔
Hi Sunny,

Why don't you talk to the importer, and tell us what the state of Pentax distribution in India is like, now? There was some kind of local scandal.

Anyway, here are their contact details"

Yo! Digitals Private Limited

Shop No-9, Basement,
Ashoka Shopping Centre,
L.T.Marg,
Mumbai-400001
Maharashtra.
India
Tel: +91 (0)22 221 00 900
Mobile: +91 (0)99 676 33 676
10-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Hello SunnyG.

Call Pankaj at that number.
Soon cameras will be available at amazon.in/ricoh

10-16-2020, 03:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
How does one say "Pentax is doomed" in Hindi?
������ hahahaha. It's kind of sad

---------- Post added 10-16-20 at 03:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
In the usa there was a Pentax website that has a store that was the official site for years... Then Pentax (Ricoh) backed their own site and the old one slowly died as I recall. This may be similar.
Well I was referring to the Ricoh website.

---------- Post added 10-16-20 at 03:28 AM ----------

Well I was referring to the Ricoh website.

---------- Post added 10-16-20 at 03:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Hi Sunny,

Why don't you talk to the importer, and tell us what the state of Pentax distribution in India is like, now? There was some kind of local scandal.

Anyway, here are their contact details"

Yo! Digitals Private Limited

Shop No-9, Basement,
Ashoka Shopping Centre,
L.T.Marg,
Mumbai-400001
Maharashtra.
India
Tel: +91 (0)22 221 00 900
Mobile: +91 (0)99 676 33 676
I have contacted them already from Ricoh's new Indian website and their yo! Digital website.

No replies yet.

---------- Post added 10-16-20 at 03:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Hello SunnyG.

Call Pankaj at that number.
Soon cameras will be available at amazon.in/ricoh
Who is Pankaj? And where can I get his number?
10-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My point was that the usa Pentax site turned out to be run by a non Ricoh entity and the one you named might also have been something like that. It isn't clear without additional insight.
10-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #11
Pentaxian

[/COLOR]
Who is Pankaj? And where can I get his number?
I would assume on the number quoted by @Clackers
10-16-2020, 05:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My point was that the usa Pentax site turned out to be run by a non Ricoh entity and the one you named might also have been something like that. It isn't clear without additional insight.
At this point not only is it run by a third party, the website has different name too!

---------- Post added 10-16-20 at 05:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I would assume on the number quoted by @Clackers
I am going to give him a call
5 Days Ago   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am going to give him a call
Let everyone know how you go, Sunny.

I find there's a lot to be gained by talking to someone in an office ... they can say revealing things to you that they wouldn't dare put in an official email response.

Do protect your source if they tell you something though, don't get them into trouble.

Perhaps hint here, but give anything specific only by PM request from someone else!