Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

8k TV/Monitor for photo viewing

Has anyone seen one of these in person?

I know content doesn’t exist for video for them but it’s intriguing to think of what a 33 megapixel display would look like standing 3-4 feet away for images at full resolution from many cameras. That would nearly be full resolution for the K-1 or ii and anything below that would be.

4k TV’s look pretty nice for photo’s other than the 16:9 aspect ratio doesn’t work well.

10-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
Has anyone seen one of these in person?
Only in the shops that sell them.prices have started to reduce.

I know content doesn’t exist
Either in Japan or Korea there is one channel thats broadcast in 8K.The postponed Olympics was to be broadcast in 8K.
10-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Only in the shops that sell them.prices have started to reduce.

Either in Japan or Korea there is one channel thats broadcast in 8K.The postponed Olympics was to be broadcast in 8K.
I saw the prices dropping. It was super expensive above 10k USD. Last I looked it's down to under 3000 and dropping. Being that you can get a 4k TV now for a few hundred dollars it's a matter of time before we can get an 8k TV for under 1000.

I would like to have one for photo viewing/editing if the colors could be accurate. For TV you have to be pretty close to see the difference between 1080p and 4k unless you have a massive TV and with more and more ISP's have data caps 8k probably will never be feasible for streaming.
10-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it's a matter of time before we can get an 8k TV for under 1000.
A couple of years would be my guess.

For TV you have to be pretty close to see the difference between 1080p and 4k unless you have a massive TV
On the wide angle scenes they are close but zoomed into facial details 4K is highly detailed.Thats the way i see it.

10-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
A couple of years would be my guess.

On the wide angle scenes they are close but zoomed into facial details 4K is highly detailed.Thats the way i see it.
I should bring an SD card or USB, both actually into a Best Buy sometime and have a look at a full size 24mp image up close.