Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2021, 02:13 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Try Jamie Windsor, very in depth, Gavin Hoey and his 15min challenges, Rob Shea for infrared and Gary Gough for landscape. None are pentaxian but all are good, oh, and Henry Turner. He is very grounded and normal
Tanks, been following the first two, didn't know the others, thing is "not pentaxians", and don't get me wrong I'm not that brand-focused (not sure how to call it not to trigger anyone) but still looking for a channel/ blog etc like these where they're teaching/ inspiring or just entertaining the way people you mentioned do but ...oh by the way... they also do it with Pentax I mean wouldn't that be something?

05-08-2021, 02:21 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And, as if by magic ....... 😁 I had a look through my subscribed list. Neither of them go into fine detail about how their Pentax is set up, which is a shame, but it is nice to see images shoot on Pentax cameras

Geoff Moore - YouTube

Matt Bishop - YouTube
08-19-2021, 06:01 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just discovered Simon Booth's channel, which was mentioned here before, I think on the first page of posts. His channel is among the top landscape photography channels, irrespective of camera brand, that is out there. He just got a shout-out from Thomas Heaton. I'm going through his work now... very impressive, and worth another post to encourage viewers and subscriptions.

Simon Booth - YouTube
09-06-2021, 05:07 AM   #34

And, as if by magic ....... �� I had a look through my subscribed list. Neither of them go into fine detail about how their Pentax is set up, which is a shame, but it is nice to see images shoot on Pentax cameras

Geoff Moore - YouTube

Matt Bishop - YouTube
Awee thanks! to you @Cerebum and @Snapppy - I have had a bit of a summer break and a spell of ill health which is very frustrating, so not had much chance in the way of getting out with the Camera and doing some filming.
You mention that I don't go into detail about how I'm setup? - Could you expand on that so I can understand what it is you would like me to cover and I'll be happy to work that into my videos going forwards.

Regards
Geoff

Last edited by Sunburn; 09-06-2021 at 07:18 AM.
09-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
Awee thanks! to you @Cerebum and @Snapppy - I have had a bit of a summer break and a spell of ill health which is very frustrating, so not had much chance in the way of getting out with the Camera and doing some filming.
You mention that I don't go into detail about how I'm setup? - Could you expand on that so I can understand what it is you would like me to cover and I'll be happy to work that into my videos going forwards.

Regards
Geofff
Model, lens, iso, aperture
09-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #36

Model, lens, iso, aperture
Ok cool, i'll make more of a point about those settings in my future videos - I generally list them when I show the resultant images taken, so perhaps I should actually call them out as well.
09-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sunburn Quote
Ok cool, i'll make more of a point about those settings in my future videos - I generally list them when I show the resultant images taken, so perhaps I should actually call them out as well.
I don't think you need to get bogged down with it, just a mention maybe as you discuss the shot, same with the gear also, a pet hate of mine is when the exposure details are taken down too quickly or are either tiny or a colour that is hard to read. Of course I am a viewer not a blogger.

@KobieMC loving the studies of the K3iii I also loved the PLM vs HD 55-300mm comparison. I still have the HD but you nearly swung me. I am glad you didn't as the necessary funds went on an smc (starburst special) 15mm limited, an smc dfa 35mm f2 and a 20-40mm limited, all of which have shone on my gorgeous KP and will never be sold. If anyone is short of a lens to review, you have a list right there (& you will make an old man very happy)

09-07-2021, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't think you need to get bogged down with it, just a mention maybe as you discuss the shot, same with the gear also, a pet hate of mine is when the exposure details are taken down too quickly or are either tiny or a colour that is hard to read. Of course I am a viewer not a blogger.

@KobieMC loving the studies of the K3iii I also loved the PLM vs HD 55-300mm comparison. I still have the HD but you nearly swung me. I am glad you didn't as the necessary funds went on an smc (starburst special) 15mm limited, an smc dfa 35mm f2 and a 20-40mm limited, all of which have shone on my gorgeous KP and will never be sold. If anyone is short of a lens to review, you have a list right there (& you will make an old man very happy)
Thank you very much! My next video is going to be ummm, well. Divided lol
09-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #39

Manged to get a new video out today. lots of technical issues with this one, so sorry if its a little disjointed/challenging of a watch.