Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2020, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Career Photographers Wanted for Interview for Class Essay

I'm writing a paper for a technical writing class and I need to do a quick interview with some professional career photographers. I'm comparing Canon, Nikon, and Pentax and I need your opinions about the similarities, differences, pros, and cons between each. Thank you.

Edit:
Or enough experience with one or two brands to speak confidently about them.

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 11-24-2020 at 11:50 AM.
11-24-2020, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What defines a 'professional'?
11-24-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This might take pages and pages please do your homework .
11-24-2020, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
That's a good question. Also many pros may not have sufficient experience across multiple brands - this may not yield the kind of days needed. The OP may have to get data for each brand from different pros.

11-24-2020, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I should probably change "professional" to "career." If your career is photography, and you have enough experience with a brand to speak confidently about it, then that's what I need. And yeah, I don't expect everyone to have experience with all three brands. If someone does, great, but I just need a person whose career is photography whom I can speak to and quote in this paper.

And yes, I've already contacted public relations for all three brands.
11-24-2020, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

I'm a career keyboard warrior that pretends to be a photographer, does that help?
11-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I'm a career keyboard warrior that pretends to be a photographer, does that help?
Well I'm the same but I don't have business cards that say that. (I do have business cards that advertise my 3D modeling and (former) 3D printing business, though. And I need to make business cards for myself too.)
11-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Sent you a PM. Let me know.

11-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What about educators? After teaching adults for over 20 years, I have seen many different types of SLRs and DSLRs. I would be happy to discuss what I have seen with the various systems over the years. Send me a PM if this will be useful.
11-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I should probably change "professional" to "career." If your career is photography, and you have enough experience with a brand to speak confidently about it, then that's what I need. And yeah, I don't expect everyone to have experience with all three brands. If someone does, great, but I just need a person whose career is photography whom I can speak to and quote in this paper.

And yes, I've already contacted public relations for all three brands.
How much do we get paid ?
11-24-2020, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Full time commercial photographer here. I use Pentax both personally and professionally but have experience with Canon and other rented cameras such as Hasselblad.

I can try to answer a few questions but I don't have a ton a free time.
11-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Spending over $600 on a Canon camera and receiving a document from them certifying you to be a "Professional Photographer".
11-25-2020, 12:36 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Ex pro here who used Olympus and Nikon if thats any help. I havent worked professionally since around 2000 and most of my output was in film. Happy to sit still long enough for an interview or you could fire some questions via PM if you want.
11-25-2020, 01:28 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I'm comparing Canon, Nikon, and Pentax and I need your opinions about the similarities, differences, pros, and cons between each, or enough experience with one or two brands to speak confidently about them.
I'd be happy to participate if you'd like. Although my years as a photography teacher has now out numbered my years as a photographer, I owned Minolta, Pentax, and Nikon systems and know a lot about Canon as well.
11-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
I'd be happy to participate if you'd like. Although my years as a photography teacher has now out numbered my years as a photographer, I owned Minolta, Pentax, and Nikon systems and know a lot about Canon as well.
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
Ex pro here who used Olympus and Nikon if thats any help. I havent worked professionally since around 2000 and most of my output was in film. Happy to sit still long enough for an interview or you could fire some questions via PM if you want.
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Full time commercial photographer here. I use Pentax both personally and professionally but have experience with Canon and other rented cameras such as Hasselblad.

I can try to answer a few questions but I don't have a ton a free time.
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
What about educators? After teaching adults for over 20 years, I have seen many different types of SLRs and DSLRs. I would be happy to discuss what I have seen with the various systems over the years. Send me a PM if this will be useful.
Thank you. I'll be sending you all messages.