Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #46
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by From1980 Quote
Kerrowdown, what kind of storage is your harem living in?
The working/shooting kit for the day... Billingham 445, the rest in travel in Pelicans 1510s.

12-17-2020, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't name inanimate objects except for "stupid" or "piece of junk"😂
12-17-2020, 11:46 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bhbrake Quote
I don't name inanimate objects except for "stupid" or "piece of junk"😂
12-18-2020, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
I've seen those mythical f1.2 unicorns but they're like jewelry level expensive now.(grumbles about skyrocketing Oly lenses making them look cheaper now)
Like I said I got mine at a stole it price and haven't regretted it.

12-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
All of my cameras have names.....

I usually pick their name based on the the Cameras manufacturer or model type so my K1000 is called Kate and my Olympus OMs are Olympia and Ophelia. I wont bore you with a complete list but one of my Minoltas is called ‘Beauty’ as she was bought from an eBayer who said she was a beauty...beautiful condition blah blah. In fact she had a jammed focus ring, jammed aperture, fungus, broken focus screen and missing her aperture mirror. She was fully repaired and runs fine now. Anyway the name stuck as everytime partner asked what camera I was working on I would say ‘oh the beautiful one of course’

My latest acquistion is called Virginia as I doubt she was ever used, so minty I doubt she ever saw a roll of film. Total bargain on eBay just for once.

I've had cars like that... :P

I'm beginning to think I'm not the only closet Oly fan here. :P I really want one of the old OM lenses to play with on my e-m5ii...because... knurls are so..... knurly!