Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2020, 11:48 AM - 8 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone else's dog do this, every **** time?

You see an image, you have one chance to get it! You frame it up and just as you hit the button ......... I have lost count of the number of times my Bailey has done this! Anyone who believes dogs don't have a warped sense of humour has clearly never owned one!

I may have just started a pooping dogs thread, ...... Sorry Adam

12-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I was taking a picture of my wife with a Mamiya TLR during Thanksgiving. I was capturing her from the side while she was cooking. She turned just as I took the pic so now I have a picture of her back.

We are pretty new pet owners. Don’t have many pictures of him pooping but have a lot of picture of the back of his head.
12-09-2020, 12:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every time what? A train goes by?
12-09-2020, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I would love to be able to say that trains can be scary for a little doggie, but in most cases he doesn't give a ****, no, this is his contribution to the Cartier Bresson concept of the perfect moment

12-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That would have been a great picture, I guess you can clone or crop, the crop could still be decent. I think animals have a sixth sense about that and they know they can get away with it because they are cute. Or, they are like the beautiful women that have no idea of how much differently they are treated than everyone else. I actually had a deer in the viewfinder that squatted and took a dump, but it wouldn’t have been that great anyway since the view was partially obstructed .

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 12-09-2020 at 04:56 PM.
12-09-2020, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That would have been a great picture, I guess you can clone or crop, the crop could still be decent. I think animals have a sixth sense about that and they know they can get away with it because they are cute. Or, they are like the beautiful women that have no idea of how much differently they are treated than everyone else. I actually had a deer in the viewfinder that squared and took a dump, but it wouldn’t have been that great anyway since the view was partially obstructed .
I must have a dozen examples. Its a type of photobombing lol. Generally I take the shot anyway because its funny, more so when its less obvious, like a rude gargoyle on a beautiful building or a caganer in a nativity scene

The Caganer's history

I can see this thread getting pulled lol
12-09-2020, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Nope, I can't say our dog (a Beagle, a breed not exactly known for taking into account the needs and desires of the humans that aspire to have some form of control over these animals) does this. What may help in this regard is that I keep her on a leash and tell her to sit as soon as I want to take a picture (she does this remarkably well). Good luck with your dog and photography.

12-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Nope, I can't say our dog (a Beagle, a breed not exactly known for taking into account the needs and desires of the humans that aspire to have some form of control over these animals) does this. What may help in this regard is that I keep her on a leash and tell her to sit as soon as I want to take a picture (she does this remarkably well). Good luck with your dog and photography.
Bailey is a springer, so, famous for doing everything enthusiastically. His general control is superb and is better off the lead than on it. You can get him to pose but he is easily distracted. He is getting old now (13½) but is still capable of scaring the bejeezus out of the local ducks. He never harms them, he is a former gundog so has a very soft mouth. He once picked up a spider and put it down without harming it. A young starling decided, rather than fly, it could out run him. I swear picking it up by its head before dropping it, unharmed was done purely for a laugh.
12-09-2020, 12:54 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I would love to be able to say that trains can be scary for a little doggie, but in most cases he doesn't give a ****, no, this is his contribution to the Cartier Bresson concept of the perfect moment
I'm sorry - is that perfect moment, or perfect movement ?
12-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
i'm sorry - is that perfect moment, or perfect movement ?
😂😂😂😂😂
12-09-2020, 12:55 PM - 12 Likes   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That would have been a great picture, I guess you can clone
Your wish is my command...
Attached Images

12-09-2020, 12:57 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Your wish is my command...
Synchronized 😂😂😂 no wonder the guy under the bridge looks impressed
12-09-2020, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our local weathercaster has been doing the weather from his backyard (one man job) during the summer due to COVID issues. His neighbor has a dog fenced right behind the weathercaster and that dog really likes to be on television. Of course the weathercaster is always looking at the camera and has no idea what is going on behind him.
12-09-2020, 01:02 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
That's why I can't live near the rails anymore.
12-09-2020, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Of course, compliance on the dog front doesn't guarantee an image that isn't disturbing! A good time to make a strategic withdrawal methinks