Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good for a fixed lens wide angle camera so the edges don't get stretched out.

12-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The biggest technology leaps are initially treated as stupid.
Next step will be variable curvature screen, that will be adjusting to the lens, zoom etc. Further will be manual adjustements for "special effects" - will see... will see...
12-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not sure it would necessarily be a huge problem to make lenses for a curved sensor. In general lenses are not a good on the edges and corners, this type of sensor might help lessen that?
12-18-2020, 02:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Not sure it would necessarily be a huge problem to make lenses for a curved sensor. In general lenses are not a good on the edges and corners, this type of sensor might help lessen that?
Yes. The curved sensor minimizes geometric distortion, chromatic aberration, increases edge sharpness. But it would be a great financial leap to reach full production. It would take some research and development. Design process takes some time. And all this cost may be transferred to the buyer. At the beginning at least and depending on the marketing of the project.

12-18-2020, 03:21 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What they are showing on their site is a reversed curved sensor for fisheye lens...