Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K70 YouTube Channel?

Can anyone recommend a good YT channel that only uses the K70? I have searched and can't find any. There are lots of review, how-to's, etc., but no one actually using this camera exclusively.

TIA!!

01-05-2021, 02:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Frankly, I doubt that such a thing exists. Pentax is too much of a niche brand nowadays for that to be likely. Besides, your criterion of someone using the K-70 exclusively strikes me as pretty strict. (Including video, which is clearly not the K-70's forte?)

Nor have I found it to be necessary for me to get useful advice and/or major inspiration from a channel if they are not shooting Pentax. After all, photography remains photography, and even technical advice can often be adapted from other brands to what you find on your Pentax. There also seem to be excellent ebooks which you can order on these forums, if you need something that goes beyond the manual.

If I had more time, I would recommend a selection of channels that I have found helpful over the years, but you write little about your actual needs and likes, so what I would come up with might be of little worth to you either. And here's another thing that I have found: The greatest learning tool remains the camera in your hands itself. Take it out, shoot it a lot, fail, analyse what went wrong, fail better, get better, have fun. I know it has worked for me.
01-05-2021, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
leehaze1 - YouTube

Lee shoots with a K70 mostly from what I see

Kobie M-C - YouTube
not sure what kobie shoots with, but he's a pentax guy too.
01-05-2021, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aussie Matt Quote
leehaze1 - YouTube

Kobie M-C - YouTube
Both can be interesting. Lee just put one up doing B&W with the K-70. His channel also includes ebay business, cooking, and fishing. He recently got a K1ll. Kobie uses a K3 most of the time.

01-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aussie Matt Quote
leehaze1 - YouTube

Kobie M-C - YouTube
Yes, these are the only 2 I have found so far. I just thought there would be more out there using the K70.
01-05-2021, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 87Duckfan Quote
Yes, these are the only 2 I have found so far. I just thought there would be more out there using the K70.
I think there are plenty of folks using the K-70, but not necessarily dedicating their YouTube channels to it. That approach would tend to limit potential subscribers and likes to those who also shoot the K-70, and whilst it's a popular camera, no Pentax digital camera is as widely used as, say, a Nikon or Canon model. Most channels tend to be "brand and model agnostic", or at most limited to a single brand, to appeal to a larger audience.
01-05-2021, 05:55 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think there are plenty of folks using the K-70, but not necessarily dedicating their YouTube channels to it. That approach would tend to limit potential subscribers and likes to those who also shoot the K-70, and whilst it's a popular camera, no Pentax digital camera is as widely used as, say, a Nikon or Canon model. Most channels tend to be "brand and model agnostic", or at most limited to a single brand, to appeal to a larger audience.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone that "dedicates their YouTube" channel to the K70. I get that. But when you look at many photo YT channels, you can see what they are using. Obviously 99% are either Nikon or Canon. Just wish there were more K70 channels to watch.