Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone done one of the Magnum on demand online courses?

Magnum Photo's have some online courses that consist of videos and workbooks that you can work through as it suits you. They don't include any direct interaction with the photographer. There is one by Alec Soth about photographic storytelling that has piqued my interest. The price seems reasonable but before I hand over any cash I was curious if anyone here has done one of these courses and whether you thought they represented good value for money or if you got anything out of it.

02-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #2

I cannot really say but the price seems reasonable compared to what others are pricing. As far as I know there is no technical stuff in the Magnum one but how Alec thinks and sees and approaches things.

I found two other smaller documentaries on Vimeo which I can recommend, especially the one about Shore. One is about Alexc Soth and the other about Stephen Shore.
They are shorter and very affordable and interesting and I bought those. (Watch ALEC SOTH - New American Photography Online | Vimeo On Demand on Vimeo and Watch STEPHEN SHORE - New Color Photography Online | Vimeo On Demand on Vimeo)
Hope this helps a bit.