Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
02-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I'll take the bag of dog crap, you take the glitter. At least the bag of dog crap has the functional purpose of being able to be left ablaze on an irritating neighbors doorstep.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
And here I thought the morons I grew up with were the only ones who did that. There was girl who lived near me growing up, Sandra Sparks, and we pulled that at her house numerous times, to the point where her father kept a fire extinguisher beside the door.
You guys are a bunch of s**t disturbers

02-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #32
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I never knew it burnt. Now once I discover who isn't cleaning up after their dog outside my path.....
02-13-2021, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wasn't my bag until I won it and its contents at a local thrift store charity auction. Prior to the auction, I had examined the contents -- mainly Pentax stuff including several decent lenses. Back home, I emptied the bag and found a previously-unnoticed extra thing, a Pentax-F 50mm f/1.7 in excellent condition, the best lens in the lot. Bonus!

- Craig
02-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #34
Closed Account

Original Poster
That reminds me of the lowepro rucksack I bought off ebay. Going through it's pockets I discovered a couple of E's or similar wrapped in tissue. As I was planning on heading through customs with that bag, I later changed my mind, I wasn't too chuffed. It got thoroughly searched and washed after that but it dented my confidence in second hand bags, especially as it was Singapore I was heading too.

02-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Uh, a plastic film container not filled with film...... Why is that unwanted? ..........What was inside was moldy and un-smokable.
02-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
This thread was brought to you by a strange smell and the discovery of a forgotten bag of dog poo in the side pocket.

Yes I do have a dog otherwise that would be seriously weird.
I was photographing in Utah one time. I was changing lenses on the 4x5 and found a scorpion hiding in my camera bag.
02-13-2021, 07:01 PM - 2 Likes   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 3by2 Quote
I never knew it burnt. Now once I discover who isn't cleaning up after their dog outside my path.....
It doesn’t. The bag is on fire and they person runs out and stomps on the bag getting excrement all over their shoes...

Dried cow dung will burn, but that’s not the point of a flaming bag of dog poo.

02-14-2021, 09:06 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
It doesn’t. The bag is on fire and they person runs out and stomps on the bag getting excrement all over their shoes...

02-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #39
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
My well-guarded explanation of a peg with tripod thread took a little longer ...
Would you care to elaborate further... as you lost me away back further down the road?
02-17-2021, 05:34 AM   #40
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

Airport Australian custom officer. "Have you ever been convicted of a serious crime."

Passenger "Is that still necessary?"
02-17-2021, 06:44 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Would you care to elaborate further... as you lost me away back further down the road?
That was in the context of UMC's story of an unwanted find at an airport checkpoint: What unwanted surprise have you found in your camera bag? - PentaxForums.com
Somehow the thing to the right of the tripod in the Cullmann FLEX Touring Set (I carried a predecessor, which was sold individually) wasn't readily identified as an essential photo accessory.
02-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #42
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
That was in the context of UMC's story of an unwanted find at an airport checkpoint: What unwanted surprise have you found in your camera bag? - PentaxForums.com
Somehow the thing to the right of the tripod in the Cullmann FLEX Touring Set (I carried a predecessor, which was sold individually) wasn't readily identified as an essential photo accessory.
Ok I see what you mean now, the Earth Spike bit... I guess that would get 'em excited.
02-17-2021, 07:03 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was anybody aware of a Pentax version? I wondered what to call it - now found both the "WG Peg Mount" by Pentax and the Ground Spike by BUSHMAN.
02-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote

Back when I was a much younger and more foolish person, a friend of mine decided to play a burning bag of poo trick on someone he decided he didn't like. He did have the decency to not use real poo at least.

Anyway, I was tucked away across the street in a hedge with my F2s loaded with Kodak Recording Film, which I had planned to develop in Acufine, and shot pictures of the whole thing. I recall the images were quite grainy.