Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
So, something as compact as possible for this kit, and accessible without taking it completely off your back. All suggestions welcome.

P.S. I have a Peak Design camera clip, but find it unwieldy for the K1. It's more suitable for an APS-C camera for me.
I think that one of the Peak Design Everyday Slings may suit your needs. There's also a designated spot for the capture clip. I have found that when quick camera access is needed, instead of taking the time to release the camera from the clip, I've been able to take the shot by lifting it to my eye, still connected to the clip. Not optimal of course, but it beats missing a shot.

04-18-2021, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Is there a difference between the Street Walker and the Street Walker Pro? They look identical to me, besides a slight price difference.
The Pro is slightly taller and slightly deeper on the interior. I find with my full frame kit, the extra interior room a good thing.
04-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can not recommend the Lowepro Protatic 350 enough. It is compact enough that it can be used for every carry. Its belts and straps are SUPER comfy and can be used for LONG hikes, or even traveling (ha...post covid, perhaps), can easily be stowed away under the seats, and super robust in built quality.

I can carry my K1 with the battery grip stored at the bottom compartment, and easily carry a 70-200 attached to it, along with my 85mm, 77, 31, 50, 135, and if i want, i can carry a sony camera with it too. still gives me plenty of room to carry other things if i want.

i had the 450 before, which lasted me a great 3plus years. It would have lasted longer if it was the original (realized it was a knock off after it tore apart with abuse by my hands). Though the 450 was a touch too big for my needs.

really love these bags, and have yet to come across a better bag
04-28-2021, 10:57 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top Shelf

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Sorry Paul, I mis-read your first post. I agree that fully laden messengers are pretty hard work.

I have also pre-ordered the Top Shelf. We'll see if it's as good as the CrowdFunding hype says it is
Hi Sandy,

I did some enquiries and:
they will charge my debit card the day preorder is placed ( expected delivery JUL/AUG )
postage to Australia ~ US$ 50

did you fully paid for your order?

kind regards
jack

04-28-2021, 11:51 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
did you fully paid for your order?
Yes. I received an email update from them today actually. Hopefully mine won't be that long....
04-29-2021, 02:14 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

thank You Sandy,

I will wait till you give us some feedback , with my decision.
04-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Yes. I received an email update from them today actually. Hopefully mine won't be that long....
Same here. I guess they got a bit of pushback by not being as clear as they should have been on the rear straps "removal" which turns out not to be a removal at all.

Seriously hoping that this is "the" bag.
04-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #38
Forum Member

Wandrd

Look at this brand, Adventure Backpacks & Camera Bags | WANDRD ? WANDRD Gear, I have the duo backpack for my day to day and a prvkes for work and I am really fascinated with both.

Good luck!

04-30-2021, 05:18 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
I like the assistant idea! often also called girlfriend, wife, brother and if your not careful -- it'll be in that order ....
In my home I'm the carry assistant and have to still carry my camera gear.