Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Days Ago   #1

ThinkTank

I got me a ThinkTank backpack ("Backlight 26L"), and I really like it. Only problem was that I did some initial configuration of the interior with the dividers they supplied and put the ones I didn't use back in the box. Then, having forgotten that I'd done that, and having decided the thing was ok, and that I wouldn't need the packaging for sending the thing back, I took the box to the dump. Turns out they sell the dividers separately to people as dumb as myself, a bit steep in the $35 price, but here's the thing I liked: they're terrifically easy to deal with, customer service responds right quick, and they had the package waiting for me at the post office within four days of having placed the order (free shipping, too).

By the way, I don't much care for their lens cases; the padding is too thin and that zipper that goes down the middle of the lid just gets in my way. I prefer the "Ruggard" lens cases, though those are a pain to zip up but that's because of the extra padding.

3 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Iím quite pleased with the Think Tank products I have, well designed and well made.
3 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think I would respond "right quick" if I were selling dividers at $35 per...

Enjoy your new bag.
2 Days Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please tell me it wasnít $35 a divider - that is for a set right?

2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Please tell me it wasnít $35 a divider - that is for a set right?
Correct, it is for a complete set; and they're pretty generous in the supply that came with the backpack. I was willing to bite the bullet, as the cost of my own stupid mistake in throwing most of what I'd received as the original set into the dumpster.
2 Days Ago   #6

Original Poster
What surprised me was how responsive their customer service was, especially after my experiences with Ricoh and Precision. It was such a delightful and refreshing change.