Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
06-25-2021, 01:35 AM - 8 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still Life

I can not find a still life thread. So I thought one should be started! I normally post mine on the Low Key photography thread, but this is a bit too narrow a thread for such a subject. If I am mistaken, and there is such a thread, please can someone point me in the right direction, and I will subscibe to that one. Here is a few shots to be going on with....

06-25-2021, 02:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love the color of the 1st shot.. A nice set you're sharing here, with a certain style and interesting objects.
06-25-2021, 04:36 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like the setup of your pictures and the pp has a painterly vibe to it too, I am not that enthusiastic about the plastic animals though, they pull me out of the bygone times vibe the other objects create (the skull is fine though, how many people have a real one at home nowadays anyway )

I don't have many images that qualify as still life, but I will definitely add some as soon as I have something to share.
For now an old image of mine, that I think fits the bill.
06-25-2021, 06:14 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very creative ideas in well composed images.

The inability to easily find the previous Still Life thread illustrates the reason for using PF Groups for related themes. Groups are easier to manage and direct attention towards, and don’t become buried under newer threads.

06-25-2021, 07:13 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
I can not find a still life thread.
There's one in the Mini Challenges, Games, Photo Stories subforum: Still Life, Staged, and contrived shots - PentaxForums.com
06-25-2021, 11:00 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, that is the one I remember, only a few months old and already buried under threads. If it were in a “Still Life” group, it would have been easier to find and update.
I have finally cleaned up a space where I can compose a few still life images, this thread makes me eager to try.
06-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very creative.

06-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and very artistic

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
Very creative.
Years ago there was a guy ( Greek name? ) , in Melbourne , he was creating similar "artistic" images.
He was using his daughter as a model.
I really loved his creations.
Unfortunately can not remember his name , maybe it will come back to me.........
06-26-2021, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
I like the setup of your pictures and the pp has a painterly vibe to it too, I am not that enthusiastic about the plastic animals though, they pull me out of the bygone times vibe the other objects create (the skull is fine though, how many people have a real one at home nowadays anyway )

I don't have many images that qualify as still life, but I will definitely add some as soon as I have something to share.
For now an old image of mine, that I think fits the bill.
Your image definitely fits the bill! As far as the plastic creatures go, I am afraid I am unable to obtain real ones ethically ( or indeed financially). I quite like them as, although they do jar a bit as being "out of time" with the other objects, to me they add a sense of humour to the images. The mouse has become a bit of a signature.
07-03-2021, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This image could be the start of a still life, but one incorporating lightpainting. I need to hit a few antique and craft shops to pick up some more complimentary props
07-03-2021, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
This image could be the start of a still life, but one incorporating lightpainting. I need to hit a few antique and craft shops to pick up some more complimentary props
Nothing wrong in using a bit of light painting! Or flash for that matter. The props are definitely the hardest part I reckon.

A wet day gave me the excuse to do some work of my own:-

07-04-2021, 04:33 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
The props are definitely the hardest part I reckon.
Too true, I barely get a spade into the dirt before the watchman enters the graveyard and I have to flee.