Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2021, 12:47 AM   #1

The Asahi Pentax Way Book

Hello, I have been wanting to get a copy of the book “The Asahi Pentax way” for a while but I’m not sure what edition of the book to get. I want the edition to have the most information relating to my Spotmatic SP II. Can anybody help me out on this? Thank you

06-26-2021, 01:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suppose that the higher the edition number, the more information will be available. To be honest, I think the Kepler books are more about photography and less about how to use your camera. I'm not saying that the books are bad, though. If you want to learn your camera, you had better find a user manual. They can be downloaded for free on the internet. Have you considered buying my book, The Definitive Asahi Pentax Collector's Guide?
06-26-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are at least eleven editions. I don’t know if newer editions only had added newer material or did they also remove some of the older content.
06-26-2021, 05:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The one I have included the K series, but Argos is right - while it lists and describes the basic functions of each model back to the AP, it’s by no means a manual.

06-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

71spotmatic2

I have two copies of the book.

A first edition from 1966 which covers up to the Spotmatic, and a ninth edition from 1975 which covers up to the Spotmatic F and also has a 16 page insert on the new Pentax K series.

If you need a manual for the SP II you can find a nice clear PDF version over on ManualsLib

Fred.
06-27-2021, 08:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't know about this book. Sounds interesting.
06-28-2021, 03:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
Didn't know about this book. Sounds interesting.
you can find it here: The Definitive Asahi Pentax Collector's Guide 1952 - 1977 - PentaxForums.com