Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 03:19 PM   #106
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
First the lessons are worth what you are paying for them... LOL.

Second - That's tough. I like A better but the washed out top of the cloud and the off the top of the frame light seems to detract from it. Maybe a slight drop in the light in that part of the frame would work? I like the extra sky space as it accentuates that this is a bird with the mastery of the sky. Also rule of thirds - which I didn't think of until I went back and looked again. The bird/canyon in the lower 1/3rd of the frame is nicer than 50/50 split.
the " rules of thirds " is the only PP rule I know

I just use the simple program that comes with Windows Photo for my pp

[ by the way, I like " B " best ]

QuoteQuote:
Honestly this is one of those shots you could post to the PP threads and let many people have a go. It could be done many ways.
I thought about that

I need to look at how to do that

Last edited by aslyfox; 07-20-2021 at 03:32 PM.
07-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
the " rules of thirds " is the only PP rule I know

I just use the simple program that comes with Windows Photo for my pp

[ by the way, I like " B " best ]

[quote ]Honestly this is one of those shots you could post to the PP threads and let many people have a go. It could be done many ways.
QuoteQuote:
I thought about that

I need to look at how to do that
Do you have a RAW file or only the JPG?
IF you have a RAW file you post it on a sharing site and let people have at it. It can be fun. If you want to just try something send me a PM and I can send you and email address and I will take a stab at it in DXO. But my skills in local adjustments are about zero. I know there are wizards of PP that can out do me.
07-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #108
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Do you have a RAW file or only the JPG?
IF you have a RAW file you post it on a sharing site and let people have at it. It can be fun. If you want to just try something send me a PM and I can send you and email address and I will take a stab at it in DXO. But my skills in local adjustments are about zero. I know there are wizards of PP that can out do me.
JPEG only
07-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

JPEG only
This is the time to have taken the option to press the RAW/FX button and save that image as Raw... oh well. I'll take a look - got your email. I doubt I'm able to do much better than you but will give it a shot.

07-20-2021, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #110
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is the time to have taken the option to press the RAW/FX button and save that image as Raw... oh well. I'll take a look - got your email. I doubt I'm able to do much better than you but will give it a shot.
and while we are wishing, it would have been nice to have the 150-450mm on the camera instead of the 50mm

thanks
07-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and while we are wishing, it would have been nice to have the 150-450mm on the camera instead of the 50mm

thanks
Very fine point. But honestly the perspective is a huge plus.
07-20-2021, 06:58 PM   #112
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
found a couple more

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo