Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nicolpa47 Quote
I agree your initial comment, but don't just blame the phone camera. I well remember, on my favourite beach, a photographer with a "proper" camera backing away from the sea. He caught his foot on a rock and fell. Fortunately, all was well, but if he had banged his head in the fall, it could have been very different. A basic rule of life is "look where you're going", we forget it at our peril.
Walking can indeed be a perilous undertaking. Even without a camera.

07-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oops.

YouTuber Albert Dyrlund Dies After Falling From Mountain While Filming Video
07-30-2021, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joe Schmoo Quote
It's what Charles Darwin observed, natural selection.
Assuming, of course, that they die before reproducing. Is that one of the Darwin Awards criteria? Young men, with limited imagination and an inflated sense of invulnerability, seem to figure prominently in the statistics, so perhaps the gene pool is self-protecting to some extent.
07-31-2021, 01:55 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
die before reproducing. Is that one of the Darwin Awards criteria?
No - the reasoning is that it's better late than never. But you don't need to die to get a Darwin Award, you only need to destroy unintentionally your own capability to reproduce. I'll leave the possible methods to your imagination.

07-31-2021, 03:16 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
No - the reasoning is that it's better late than never. But you don't need to die to get a Darwin Award, you only need to destroy unintentionally your own capability to reproduce. I'll leave the possible methods to your imagination.
I’ve read some of the books published, but I didn’t recall the criteria.
08-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's another one.

“Life should be fun not dumb”

Influencer Sophia Cheung dies while trying to take waterfall selfie in Hong Kong park - National | Globalnews.ca

Sophia Cheung, an influencer who died because of a selfie | Afagoals