Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2021, 12:45 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

views on seller

hi everyone.

(Mods, sorry if this is in wrong place, do move to correct place if so, thanks).

Was wondering if any members here have any experience getting items from ebay seller known as "blattworld1".
(Good? Bad? So-so?)

I noticed their feedback is at 95.5%, which isnt really that good.
And that's making me hesitate.

07-22-2021, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Have you read some of the complaints? Sometimes bad feedback is just the result of unreasonable expectations and depending on how many customers blattworld1 has, those instances can have a huge impact
07-22-2021, 02:04 AM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Because the topic is an Ebay camera gear seller, this thread is more General Photography, rather than Photographic Industry and Professionals so........................moved.
6 Days Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with an earlier post, read what the negative reviews say. Also look at when the bad reviews were made, if recent transactions are much better that can mean the seller has improved.

6 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
hi everyone.

(Mods, sorry if this is in wrong place, do move to correct place if so, thanks).

Was wondering if any members here have any experience getting items from ebay seller known as "blattworld1".
(Good? Bad? So-so?)

I noticed their feedback is at 95.5%, which isnt really that good.
And that's making me hesitate.
95.5% is not "bad", JMHO.
As others have said- read all the feedback.

You really don't have to worry about buying on eBay, you are covered by their guarantee that you will receive your item and it will be "as described".
May take a week or three to get your money back, but there is no risk to the buyer at all.

If it is something you want, a great deal, and especially if hard to find- my advice is to buy and don't worry!
6 Days Ago   #6

I disagree with Don.

95.5 is not necessarily bad if it's a relative newcomer who's had one transaction go bad. If it's a business getting negative feedback for 1 in 40 transactions, it's terrible.

As for trying to claim on eBay's guarantee, I feel it depends on how good a case you think you could make (I did start a claim once almost 20 years ago where the text promised more than the pictures, and don't remember it reaching a satisfactory conclusion). So, if the seller offers a "Pentax lens" and you get a K-mount Sigma, how are you going to convince some worker in Bangalore that you've been swindled?

Ultimately, assuming the item in question is related to photography, you have to ask yourself "is it something that someone who knows nothing about photography could screw up?" If it's something basic and straightforward, like a camera bag, the answer's probably gonna be 'no'. The more valuable and complex it is...
6 Days Ago   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Almost all the neg fb in the last 12 months cites the seller trying to go off ebay/paypal for payment. I also note he invariably states "no returns". Apart from that he is a pretty busy business seller with any number of + fb from buyers so he's ebay savvy and it seems unlikely that he is going to disappear or not fulfill an order. Althought the fb says he refuses paypal etc., paypal and credit cards are noted as payment methods. About the 3rd party credit card platform cited in the fb I can't say anything.

That this guy is doing something off base is odd, but it doesn't seem that risky. If you demand a return or a cancellation he has to oblige regardless. Personally I would normally avoid a seller with a higher than normal neg fb, but I would look at what and why in the fb profile..

6 Days Ago   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Broadside Quote
I disagree with Don.

95.5 is not necessarily bad if it's a relative newcomer who's had one transaction go bad. If it's a business getting negative feedback for 1 in 40 transactions, it's terrible.

As for trying to claim on eBay's guarantee, I feel it depends on how good a case you think you could make (I did start a claim once almost 20 years ago where the text promised more than the pictures, and don't remember it reaching a satisfactory conclusion). So, if the seller offers a "Pentax lens" and you get a K-mount Sigma, how are you going to convince some worker in Bangalore that you've been swindled?

Ultimately, assuming the item in question is related to photography, you have to ask yourself "is it something that someone who knows nothing about photography could screw up?" If it's something basic and straightforward, like a camera bag, the answer's probably gonna be 'no'. The more valuable and complex it is...
I have had much more recent, and two very recent experiences dealing with not as described lenses from Japan. Both were satisfied quickly and I received my refund.
I believe customer service is "better" than 20 years ago, it was easy to deal with the ebay rep and they were in the US.
In both instances, the defects were rather obscure and since the description claimed a working/functioning lens- there was no question of interpretation. The basic case assumption now by eBay is that the "customer" is correct, you really don't have to argue or prove much.

Since returns to Japan and elsewhere are expensive, I do recommend that one buys only from sellers who offer "free returns"; however even if the seller states "no returns"- and the item is not as described, ebay will make the refund and claw back the money from the seller.

It is up to the buyer to read the description carefully and look at the pictures equally carefully, if there is a cosmetic or other defect shown in a picture - you don't have a claim that the item is not as described.
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Almost all the neg fb in the last 12 months cites the seller trying to go off ebay/paypal for payment. I also note he invariably states "no returns". Apart from that he is a pretty busy business seller with any number of + fb from buyers so he's ebay savvy and it seems unlikely that he is going to disappear or not fulfill an order. Althought the fb says he refuses paypal etc., paypal and credit cards are noted as payment methods. About the 3rd party credit card platform cited in the fb I can't say anything.

That this guy is doing something off base is odd, but it doesn't seem that risky. If you demand a return or a cancellation he has to oblige regardless. Personally I would normally avoid a seller with a higher than normal neg fb, but I would look at what and why in the fb profile..
For me, instances of the seller trying to close the deal off ebay/paypal is a big red flag and I would absolutely avoid this seller as that is an indication he's not the most honest seller out there.
6 Days Ago   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cdw2000 Quote
For me, instances of the seller trying to close the deal off ebay/paypal is a big red flag and I would absolutely avoid this seller as that is an indication he's not the most honest seller out there.
It depends. I am from Austria and if the seller is located in Austria (or close by within the EU) and it isn't a new unused account I don't have an issue with bank transfer as payment method, from the other side of the world might be another issue though.
6 Days Ago   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
thank you to everyone who shared their views. Much appreciated.

All cited very good points for consideration.

Will think it through.

Once again, thank you.