Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2021, 12:18 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Camera Display

Some years ago, I inherited my aunt's Argus C-3 camera set. I didn't know what to do with them because I had my own Pentax system. The set stayed in a box in my closet for years. I also have 4 different Pentax cameras that I not longer use, now that I have my K-1ii digital. So what to do with all these cameras? I could try to sell them, but they would not bring in much money and it would be a hassle. Besides, each of these cameras have special memories associated with them. So instead, I decided to display all of them in my house.
So on the top, you have my aunt's C-3 setup. She got two identical cameras (why? we don't know), flash, a meter, and a lot of other little things. I put them together in this aged wooden display case.
As for my Pentax cameras, I just put them all on a separate shelf below the Argus setup with a common (read cheap) lens. For the Pentax, I go from a total manual camera (K-1000), to an auto exposure camera (Super Program), then add auto focus (PZ-1), and then on to digital (K-30). I owned all of these, although I admit, I sold the Super Program years ago (but recently bought a non-working model to display).
So now I have a display of 35mm camera from the 1940's up to the 2010's, over 70 years of 35mm photographic equipment.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G991U  Photo 
08-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The venerable Brick, the C3 was cheap and a easy to shoot camera in the day. One for color (expensive) and one for B&W .

Hang up and DRIVE!
08-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Love it! I haven't shot with my C3 brick for a few years now.

Thanks,
Ismael
08-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
The venerable Brick, the C3 was cheap and a easy to shoot camera in the day. One for color (expensive) and one for B&W .
She took LOTS of slide film. I know, because I have a ton of those images in my closet in boxes (and boxes and boxes...). I need to go over them because they go from the 40's until shortly before she died. Lots of family memories in those boxes.
Now in her case, she may have put color slide film in one camera and B&W print film in the other because I also have many photo albums of her prints. Again, lots of family memories in those photo albums. My Mom's side of the family is recorded in those albums and slide boxes.

08-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have the enthusiasm for it, I would start trying to digitize some of the slides (and film, if you still have the negatives). Sounds like you might have some real history there. With care, failing negatives, you could photograph the photographs.
09-28-2021, 07:46 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
If you have the enthusiasm for it, I would start trying to digitize some of the slides (and film, if you still have the negatives). Sounds like you might have some real history there. With care, failing negatives, you could photograph the photographs.
I may do that. I need to get them digitized and get my Dad (Mom has already passed away) to help me identify the people in the pictures. When my Dad and I die, my kids will have no idea who these people are...