Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I use LV zoomed x16 to focus at infinity, lower display brightness (outdoor setting) and eventually switch to night mode on the K1.
Night mode would be a nice feature on the K-3 and the live view only zooms to 10x. However a bahtinov mask still makes things easy.

08-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

I'm not sure I care what anyone else thinks on the topic. As long as I can buy what I like, what everyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Mirrorless has been the future for so long now, I'm surprised no one's noticed. For a while it was the latest greatest thing. Now it's not.
08-30-2021, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Mirrorless has been the future for so long now, I'm surprised no one's noticed. For a while it was the latest greatest thing. Now it's not.
I wonder if the hype is just starting to wear off. Much like how people use to think that their pictures would magically get better if they went from a point and shoot up to a DSLR. Technically they did by having more megapixels, better color depth and better dynamic range but those aspects didn't help the bad lighting lit, poor composition, boring subject, etc. aspects of the shots. As I tell people all the time throwing gear at it will very rarely solve the problem of bad pictures. And yes I say that as someone who like to throw gear at problems but there it is specific problems like I need more exposure (aperture and time), or I need more reach, and that is really only when doing astrophotography.